Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG🐇🌼🌈🌷🌞

Image may contain: one or more people and text

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Winnie the Pooh - Ursinho Pooh PNG, oso de peluche pooh png, Teddybär pooh png, teddy bear pooh png

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Good evening, 

Not much to write about, I am thinking of a post I saw here awhile back that made me feel good or normal. It was about if you stay in bed longer than normal, that if you just want to do nothing, if you feel like skipping your shower then just do it and not beat yourself up for your lack of motivation. I am sure I am not quoting verbatim but you get the idea.

It turned out to be a nice day, overcast at times, but no wind. I got a paperweight, I have collected them since a child, that I got off eBay. Very happy with it, I will post a picture here of it. Got five more coming to look forward to. I love the moon on it above the waves, as I always love the moon pics I see here.

Had a great simple meal today.... a maid rite and some homemade crinkle cut French fries just like my grandmother used to make for me. A maid rite for those who are not familiar with it is a hamburger but ground up and basically cooked with a lid on the pan until the meat is sooo tender, then spooned on a bun. The maid rite chain is famous in Iowa where I grew up. 

Trusted Contributor

AE0FBF8B-3AD4-4AC4-8D42-BCD4395CC4D0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hullie   Beautiful paperweight. 

I have heard of Maid-Rites but have never had one.  I looked up a recipe for them and below is the first one that appeared for Iowa Maid-Rites.  Is it close to yours?

Maid-Rite Sandwiches Recipe

Famous in the state of Iowa, Maid-Rite Sandwiches are your ticket to an easy dinner your whole family will love!
 Course Main
 Prep Time 5 minutes
 Cook Time 20 minutes
 Total Time 25 minutes
 Servings 4 -6
 Author Dine & Dish
Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 yellow onion minced
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 4 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt or San Francisco Salt Co Cherry Smoked sea salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Instructions
  1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add minced yellow onion and cook until tender.
  2. Add lean ground beef and break up into small pieces/crumbles while it cooks.
  3. As beef begins to brown, stir in beef broth. Add mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
  4. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until liquid is mostly gone.
  5. Spoon onto buns and serve.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

MAID RITE Sandwiches (copy cat) ~ Missie's Kitchen (With images ...

@hullie @hullie , Sounds yummy to me!