Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG🐇🌼🌈🌷🌞

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

What my brother's Kubota tractor looks like. 

Well,  I finally did it.   I drove the Kubota tractor today.   My brother wanted me to drive it out of the barn/garage/shed and bring it up to the  back steps so he would be able to get on without walking the distance to the shed to get it.   It took me a bit just to find out where to put the key and he had to give me directions on how to raise the front loader, raise the mower deck and which pedals were what.  I finally figured it out and he was able to cut the back yard, side yard, part of the front yard and the neighbor's back yard.  About 2/3 of the front  yard has to be cut yet but it had been cut once already about 2 weeks or so ago.  I had to fill it with diesel fuel which meant lifting a 5 gallon tank up onto the hood, and then tipping it sideways to fill the tank.   I got my workout today for sure.  There's no way he could have put fuel into that tractor. 

It took almost 3 hours to cut it all and he was worn out.  I noticed near the end of the cutting he wasn't wearing a mask,  just the cannulas.   When he brought the tractor to the back steps,  I helped him off and had to bring a chair for him to sit in the driveway for about 20 or so minutes.   I drove the tractor back down to the shed/barn  and then sat outside while he 'kind of rested/recovered.  It took us over 40 minutes to get him from the chair to the steps,  where he sat again and then onto the porch,  he needed to sit again at the back door and then over to the kitchen table and his chair.   I brought the big tank with the mask on it to him while he was sitting on the steps.   It delivers more air due to the mask we have on that tank.  

Anyway,  I think he feels better having gotten outside and was able to cut the grass.  He got to see the flowering shrubs, including the Fringe Tree.  He even commented about how beautiful it is this year.  He asked me if I'd noticed it's scent.  I did, as I have to sniff all flowers,,  even the zinnias going into church when they are blooming or even flowers in the stores.  I am really glad he was able to be out in the air,  even if it did tire him out, it's a good tired.     He's had some pains  radiating down his arm which I found out about from our younger brother.   He called me last night to tell me about them and had tried to call my daughter,   but she was in bed.  He left her a msg.   They think it's angina,  which can be controlled by nitroglycerin, usually.   She didn't want him on nitro as she was afraid he'd bottom out due to low BP.   She mentioned another drug to his cardiologist and they called in a script,  which I picked up this afternoon.  They are also moving up his appointment which had been moved to July.   

Long story,  short.   The grass is cut and I am very relieved that this issue is past.   I put the  old battery for the  John Deere into his truck as he's planning on going to Illinois to our brother's in the morning.  I pulled his truck up to the back steps so he won't have to walk as far to get into it. 

@possummink   Wow to all, lol.  The tractor is a monster, lol.  Unfortunately, this issue will arise again, but you will at least have a few weeks of peace on it.  I hope the new med will do the trick.  If you lived here, you wouldn't need to mow, the moles and gophers would eventually kill the lawn, as they did here, so now I have mulched paths throughout the gardens.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement.I so enjoy looking at all your postings.You continue to help me through some difficult times.My DD did not do more damage to her leg and has to go to PT twice a week.Bless you all and have a great holiday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is nice weather today with a slight breeze, hope it doesn't become stronger because if it does, I will put off gardening until there is no wind..

We ate Casper hot dogs last night, very good, not a ton of sodium and whatever else is in a lot of hot dogs.  I made a simple cole slaw, chopped cabbage instead of the usual sliced, with a creamy dressing, for a change.

I bought two huge artichokes yesterday, and two large bags of white corn, so tonight will be artichokes and corn fritters shaped into patties, no meat, which is good.  DH likes meat but he has it in his lunches so he can survive without it, though wasn't overly excited when I told him this morning what dinner will be, lol.

My Mother used to make corn fritters by dropping dollops into hot oil, and served with syrup, so yummy, but I prefer savory now.  I used to make yam/sweet potato fritters with cilantro and green onions in them, delicious, must find the book with that recipe and make them again, so addicting.

I am planning to make strawberry shortcake one night, don't make deserts often because DH isn't supposed to have sugar, but once in a while is okay, so say he and I.

When I began to go into the grocery store yesterday, a guy told me I couldn't go in, kept saying that, then finally he said that he had to clean the cart, BUT, he wasn't wearing a mask or gloves, bizarre!

Though people are wearing masks, they aren't wearing gloves, so they had better be washing their hands, but many people don't, as a rule, even before the virus.

One of my yearly medical appointments was moved to September, was supposed to go in next week.  I was told I could have it over the telephone, so I told her I didn't see how my heart could be checked on the phone.  This doctor is booked a year ahead usually, so imagine he is really backed up now.

DH mentioned his needing a hair cut,  he is feeling raggedy, but he has to find a new one here, was going to go to SF, and I told him no, ridiculous, so hope whomever he goes to will do the job correctly.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

flowers for you gif | Hanniel Galilee Wind Flowers GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

@lulutoby   Weed seeds!  Every time I pull one of these, try to cup the top with my hand so the seeds don't escape, they do, lol.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@lulutoby   The look on the face is hysterical!  Kitty knows it's been caught, and isn't happy about that, lol.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement.I so enjoy looking at all your postings.You continue to help me through some difficult times.My DD did not do more damage to her leg and has to go to PT twice a week.Bless you all and have a great holiday.

@hellie jo   Great news re DD's leg.  When I fell on my right side, knee took the brunt, I worried that I had done damage to my replaced hip, even though it was twenty-three years ago, one never knows when it will give out.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Your corn fritters sound oh so good.  DH just made my recipe for strawberry shortcake and it is baking now.  It smells heavenly.  He still has to clean the strawberries.  Although we aren't having much for desserts the last six months we decided on the shortcake as it has very little sugar in it.   i can't wait to have a piece.

My mammogram and bone density tests were moved to July.  They have told me I will be the only one allowed to come in the clinic, to be sure to wear a mask, and to check my temp at home if I am possible.  If not, the last two will be provided.

It is gray and cloudy here with rain forecasted off and on throughout the holiday weekend.  Temp is mid-60s.

My back still has me down.  I think it has improved since yesterday.  DH says with all the noise I make trying to stand up and then sit back down one couldn't tell of any improvement.  

Have a good day ((ALL)) - stay safe.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, plant, text and nature