Esteemed Contributor

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG🐇🌼🌈🌷🌞

@hullie wrote:

Hi all, 

It has been cool and very windy the last couple of days with a storm rolling through yesterday. As in direct response to the weather my body has slowed down, been listening to a book, something different from serial killers and suspense which was my last one. Thawing some hamburger and will make meatloaf and baked potato later. Summer not here yet. I did read an article on my iPad news section that said this summer is supposed to be the hottest in world history since we have started recording temperatures.

@hullie, I've heard the same report about the coming summer weather and I absolutely dread the thought.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

This graphic was posted on my AccuWeather page today:

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

Hi all, 

It has been cool and very windy the last couple of days with a storm rolling through yesterday. As in direct response to the weather my body has slowed down, been listening to a book, something different from serial killers and suspense which was my last one. Thawing some hamburger and will make meatloaf and baked potato later. Summer not here yet. I did read an article on my iPad news section that said this summer is supposed to be the hottest in world history since we have started recording temperatures.

@hullie   I have been checking Acuweather, and I agree, it has already been near eighty, today cool, grey, and windy for about three days, then will be in 70's-80's for months, hope I do not see 90's, but probably will, dreading the hot weather so much, no air conditioning here, so guess I will be going around with a wet towel around my neck and taking one to bed with the fan on, lol.

Yesterday, I had to use a fan in the afternoon/evening, unheard of in April.  I remember when Spring was cool, sunny, and windy, no longer, have had 70's many days in April.  Yesterday was too hot to garden, today too cold.  Weather here used to be consistent so one could plan and know it would be a certain temperature year after year.

I am thawing soup that I made months ago, cool enough today that it will be nice for dinner.

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Thumbnail

"SQUIRREL"!!!  Cat LOL

Never tire of watching UP

whenever it's on cable.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

Hooman and Dog Pets Cat Cute Funny Aww Mood Reaction

@lulutoby   LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

No photo description available.

Gif de amor @Sassy7356

Honored Contributor

"Each morning a deer drops by to visit this cat in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Such great friends!"

Honored Contributor

"Bridge Over Troubled Water"   ~~   Josh Groban

https://youtu.be/jVCHlFYair8

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" Lyrics:

"...When you're weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all
I'm on your side
Oh when times get rough
And friends just can't be found

Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
Oh when darkness comes
And pain is all around

I will lay me down
I will lay me down

Sail on, silver girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine
Oh if you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind

I will ease your mind
I will ease your mind..."

Writer:  Paul Simon

I was listening to this awesome song today and wanted to share it with you.  I love Josh Groban's voice and this is no exception. 

"What is the meaning of "Bridge over Troubled Water"?  It is a beautiful song by Simon and Garfunkel. The Bridge is usually a representative of a person, a friend or loved one. Troubled Water is the tumult, or a difficult time in one's life, where the Bridge is there to help one overcome, surmount the aforesaid difficulty."            (Web)

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Puddles @mousiegirl @hullie @Sassy7356 @LIG1 

26D8390D-FD69-4311-A0EF-1CBA15F3635E.jpeg

lol! 

@LTT1 

The last I heard we're supposed to have torrential downpours on Thursday in central PA.  They are even predicting flood watches from mid-afternoon Thursday through mid-afternoon Friday.  I hope not!!!  So I'll take a "rain check" (pardon the pun) and perhaps can join you on Saturday.  I think I'll stay in the sunroom tomorrow and watch it rain!

@Tissyanne  

I loved your graphic with the lemonade.  We went to the farmer's market early this morning and I was able to find some lemons so will make it soon.  I wish I could send you most of the rain we're getting.  We've had a lot of rain this spring and really don't need what's coming. 

Honored Contributor

@Puddles wrote:

Lucky birds!

@Puddles 

I remember those hair dryers and how hot they made your head.  I'm glad they invented hand held dryers.  No call yet from our hair dresser.  She may be able to reopen around May 8th depending on the governor's final decision.  Meanwhile, I'm getting better every day with the flat iron.  Persistence pays off! Smiley Happy