Cool weather...reading a book, ice tea!

Wonder why use the baking soda?

That is a new one on me!

I hope everybody is having a nice day🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

714D0626-31E0-419B-A0CA-7D488DE1632F.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday, my Friends.   I took this picture and the one above while at Fort Sill, OK..   Took quite a few photos there and loved exploring as many of the 93,000 acres that comprise that Army base.   Will post this so the two flower pictures are 'cosequitive'.   I still need to identify the one above,  pinky white.     This one is an Indian Paintbrush flower.  Just gorgeous as they grow in huge masses around the Fort and along the Interstate in OK. 

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne 

How are you feeling?

I’m thinking of you and sending get well thoughts!

teddy 🐻 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Our trip to OK was really nice and fun,  but a bit shorter than we'd planned.  A few of the guys in the platoon were 15 minutes late getting back to their barracks, so the DI kind of punished all of the guys.  Thomas couldn't get any more that passes for Thurdsay and Friday.   We stayed till about 1 pm on Saturday and decided he wasn't going to be able to get any more time with us so we packed up and left Lawton, OK about 2 pm.  We made it to Springfield, MO at about 7pm and stopped for supper at Lambert's Restaurant.   They are famous for good food and 'throwed' rolls.  They throw hot rolls to the diners who want to try and catch them.  My daughter had never been to Lambert's before and I wanted her to try the food and see what it was all about.   She caught a roll and I got one that hit me in the back of the head and dropped into my lap.   I kept it!!  So good. 

The food was awesome,  especially their fried okra. We all agreed, best ever anywhere.

While at the fort my daughter and I kept Kiwi with us so his parents could just have some time together.   We drove all over that place, so much to see and enjoy.  We saw live Howitzer fire and HEARD it.  Same with the gun ranges and marching troops.   On Saturday morning we went to a different part of the fort and it was like desert, cacti and wildflowers and we saw 3 Roadrunners,  a great treat for me, as I've never seen a live one,  and we saw 3.   I wasn't able to get pictures as they ran into the brush.   I was out of the car tramping around in the brush and weeds trying to get pictures of the beautiful flowers there. 

We had a nice little house, 3bdr kitchen, living room  most everything furnished.   The 2 nights we didn't use will be saved for when Thomas graduates from AIT? school in about 10 weeks.   

Will post a picture of a really pretty little river area we found.  Saw lots of military artillery,  and I got to touch a piece of the Berlin Wall and the World Trade Center that are on display in one of the museums on post.  Saw the Calvary horses, beautiful, in their pastures.   I didn't know they really still have Calvary but they do. 

I could go on and on about the trip etc.  but will stop for now about that.

We went over to our nephew's home for our family Easter celebration.  My daughter and granddaughter didn't go,  as the drive was hard on both. My DD drove the whole way although I offered.  They think I drive too fast but so does she, 80mph. and more an hour.   Our rental car did pretty good on gas.  Anyway the gathering at my nephew's home was really nice with lots of awesome food and even kite flying.     My granddaughters did go with their dad,  hunting for morels. and they found some and brought us some of them.  Will probably fix them tonight or tomorrow night. 

My brother is having a very rough time with his health and my younger brother told me to start thinking about what I will do if "something'' would happen.   That really 'rocked' me.   I'd love to keep this house but it's huge and expensive to keep up.  I thought I'd be here for the rest of my life but now I don't know.  Scary and so upsetting, what's going on.  I hadn't even thought about leaving here and don't want to.  It's been my 'anchor' place since 1961.  I guess I need to get my head straightened out and I don't want to.  Enough pity party.   Prayers for my brother would be so welcome, if you would whisper one for him.  Thank you in advance and for listening to me think and worry out loud.  Heart

Honored Contributor