Honored Contributor

Re: SOMETHING TO MULL ABOUT...

@Group 5 minus 1 @She was just describing a rewarding day where she felt good about herself and life itself.

Esteemed Contributor

I think keeping your eye on the prize, which to me is doing the right thing and understanding ourselves beyond the ego (I have to say I think Freud described things pretty well) unlocks the messaging.

You did the right thing by your neighbor.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What are you talking about? I do not grasp the idea of your post?

@Group 5 minus 1, I was just wondering if there's synchroncity when we follow our instincts, do you think we're supposed to change our course when everything seems to be working against us.  Do you believe we get "nudges" or signs to help us along the 'right' path in our lives.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the universe is thanking you or even notices that you ran a little errand for neighbor....LOL  Perhaps it would if you gaver her a kidney....LOL   Sure what you did was nice, neighborly but it's the type of thing that millions upon millions of us do every day and we don't give it a second thought.  We're just glad to be in a position to something kind for someone else.  Everything went well, you say you enjoyed the brisk windy weather.  You feel pretty good about yourself for doing something for someone.  So, I think you got more out of the experience than your elderly neighbor.  Perhaps the universe should thank her for what she did for you. 

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What are you talking about? I do not grasp the idea of your post?

@Group 5 minus 1, I was just wondering if there's synchroncity when we follow our instincts, do you think we're supposed to change our course when everything seems to be working against us.  Do you believe we get "nudges" or signs to help us along the 'right' path in our lives.

I call it my conscience.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think the universe is thanking you or even notices that you ran a liIttle errand for neighbor....LOL  Perhaps it would if you gaver her a kidney....LOL   Sure what you did was nice, neighborly but it's the type of thing that millions upon millions of us do every day and we don't give it a second thought.  We're just glad to be in a position to something kind for someone else.  Everything went well, you say you enjoyed the brisk windy weather.  You feel pretty good about yourself for doing something for someone.  So, I think you got more out of the experience than your elderly neighbor.  Perhaps the universe should thank her for what she did for you. 

I notice that when I do something that I've been guided to do (particularly when I don't really want to do it), I am encouraged by subsequent events.

So I think it's important to encourage people like the OP rather than criticize her for noticing - and being grateful - that she was rewarded.

Honored Contributor

We all do good for the reward...to feel like we made a difference,that we are useful,that we are kind and good,that we can help or fix or save....so many reasons but in the end the reward is the good feeling.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm afraid not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland