Honored Contributor

Re: SOME TARGET SHELVES ARE BARE

My BJ's had unexpected things bare: 

ground turkey

napkins

applesauce

Just a few of the things I normally get and couldn't find.

Trusted Contributor

At the grocery stores I have noticed that they have been out of chicken wings (which I love) for several months, they sell every other chicken parts but no wings!

Honored Contributor

No dried rosemary at my grocery store.

Respected Contributor

I've noticed a few things at Walmart and Wegman's that I usually buy are not on shelves.

Respected Contributor

I don't do my food shopping at Target but I was there yesterday just wandering around and I was shocked at all the empty shelves in every department. I found that Target is never the most well stocked store but this was remarkable even for them.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

My Kroger has had some bare shelves for several weeks.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

No sliced bread or just the brand that you wanted? I shop Target here in North GA  where I live and I have't noticed the shelves bare. Every now and then the Publix where I shop is out a certain item. For a couple of weeks they had no frozen onion rings. the manager told me that they were out in the warehouse. But they are back now. For 2 weeks in a row no beef gravy mix or jars of beef gravy. They have plenty of turkey gravy. It is strange what they are out of. I just hope people don't start a run on toilet paper. 

@50Mickey 

I'm in south GA, DD works for Kroger stores and they started rationing paper products about 2 weeks ago, TP, PT, napkins, kleenex, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Everything is normal here but this is not a Covid hot spot.  There are no food shortages. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus We haven't noticed any shortages here, except, every now and then they will be out of frozen chicken wings.

You could order from walmart.  They do an excellent job here.  Sometimes my order comes from different stores, but that's ok.

Trusted Contributor

Went grocery shopping this a.m.Almost empty or totally empty sections for the second week in a row for the following:

cat food

pasta

soups

juice

candy

pumpkin

However, cleaning supplies, frozen food, and pork chops were plentiful.