Respected Contributor

Re: SOME DAYS FORUMS SO ACTIVE....OTHERS...?

I am sure that at this time of year, the week before Christmas, many have lots going on in their lives.  I know I have been pretty busy with my family and grands.  

I finally have a bit of a quiet time today!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I love coming here when there are new posts, threads and a very active board.

Other days...crickets!

I noticed this, too.  For me, my activity here is not so much about the holiday season.  I have taken breaks for more than a year, and then here I am almost every day sometimes. No particular reason that I am aware of, it is just how I roll I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  I think it was a great idea, but it's starting to show some cracks.  Not enough posters, so many of the posts are from the mods.  Posters have left.

I'm not a fan of the mods being posters here, and there.   And I know I'm not alone in thinking that way.    

Eta- I also thought they'd allow some discussions not allowed here but it's been very controlled, they lock the threads even before it get contentious.

@decaf I agree the mods should not be posting, and moderating. They should be there to simply make sure the rules are adhered to. If they want to post it should be on different forum. 

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  I think it was a great idea, but it's starting to show some cracks.  Not enough posters, so many of the posts are from the mods.  Posters have left.

I'm not a fan of the mods being posters here, and there.   And I know I'm not alone in thinking that way.    

Eta- I also thought they'd allow some discussions not allowed here but it's been very controlled, they lock the threads even before it get contentious.

@decaf  I agree. I've posted several times here and there that the new site and their 'admin. team' need work. That said, it also seems clear the split that QVC fostered by the earlier, now apparently rescinded, decision to shut down this forum more or less created a situation where neither forum is operating at full strength. You have some people on one, some on the other and some going back and forth between the two, so that neither is getting much undivided attention from posters.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think the vast majority of people who want to discuss and share are now on their  Facebook group which is very active and and not as restricted as this board which is definitely shrinking.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Truth to tell, I contemplate regularly phasing out all these boards. It seems it's become a very small world. The same posters are saying all the same somewhat predictable things and meaningful discussion is often at a minimum.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

Nothing like the activity of a few years ago on these forums. I think certain topics that can't be discussed, along with their "closing down" messages and threads, many decided to spend their time in other ways.

Now I like friendly disagreements on many topics. If those commenting are open minded, I know I have learned things I didn't know from my disagreements. I'll call them debates instead of discussions or arguments.

Other things?  Being unable to sign in for over a week didn't help either. What are your thoughts?

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   I think the constant computer issues and maybe the threat of discontinuing the forums lost some regular posters. I also think the "meanies" turned many people off.

John, Happy Holidays to you, your wife and furry kids!

Esteemed Contributor

I ventured to the other boards once at the recommendation of several posters, but was bemused, so I did not sign-up. I find enough joy here; MOST of the time.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

I just came back from Fry's, and the place was a madhouse. Parking lot was full, both the self checkout and regular checkouts had long lines. Lots of booze in customers carts.