Honored Contributor

SOME DAYS FORUMS SO ACTIVE....OTHERS...?

I love coming here when there are new posts, threads and a very active board.

Other days...crickets!

Honored Contributor

Re: SOME DAYS FORUMS SO ACTIVE....OTHERS...?

@Shanus 

We can expect crickets at this time with posters so busy finalizing holiday plans, shopping, menus, etc., plus many have probably already received and are entertaining guests/family from out of town.

It usually does get quiet around here this close to Christmas.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps many of our prolific posters went to the other board.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus @KingstonsMom      I went to Kroger in PHX this morning at 6 hoping the Christmas shoppers hadn't bought the place out already.

The store was EMPTY of shoppers.   I think the "locals" took off for the mountains, in hope of "some snow"......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  The other board is a ghost town. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@Shanus  The other board is a ghost town. 

@decaf   Oooh, really? I don't wish them any ill will, but just couldn't get the hang of it. Maybe many people are just "talked out".  There are also many important, current topics I'd love to begin, but not permitted.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I think it was a great idea, but it's starting to show some cracks.  Not enough posters, so many of the posts are from the mods.  Posters have left.

I'm not a fan of the mods being posters here, and there.   And I know I'm not alone in thinking that way.    

Eta- I also thought they'd allow some discussions not allowed here but it's been very controlled, they lock the threads even before it get contentious.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Perhaps many of our prolific posters went to the other board.

You're a member there.  You can see exactly what is going on with the other board.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's hard to find Mods that are able to put their bias aside, and let people come in with all different thoughts and opinions. If you are going to have a board that allows controversial discussions you better be ready to quell the desire to stop what doesn't support your view. 

It really is  a learned behavior. Just apply the rules, and if they are not breached in anyway let the post stand. We are all adults, so if a discussion with in the parameters of the rules gets feisty let it stand.

If posters are going at each other apparently they don't mind, so why ruin it for everyone else. 

Esteemed Contributor

The "other board" is quite robust.

And, more importantly,  populated with interesting,  engaging and thought provoking topics not permitted or tolerated here.

My personal views, naturally.