Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOME DAYS FORUMS SO ACTIVE....OTHERS...?

[ Edited ]

I think that it's a combination of events. Some people may have left and decided never to return, some people are splitting time between this board and others, also it's the time of the year. People are most likely busy with family, traveling, the list can go on. 

I forgot to add that I keep seeing posts that speak of the other board as being dead. I am not sure what people are talking about. I post on both boards and it seems the same to me, some have left for various reasons, but there are plenty of others that post. 

Respected Contributor

@deeva. I went into my small town Wal-Mart  Super Center  yesterday and every  single refrigerated section was empty or covered with variegated cardboard. I have seen the meat area empty before due to refrigeration problems but not whole store?  No meat,  most produce, milk, eggs, cheese etc. It isn't even summer to tax a system.  Our weather is fine.

Signs apologizing and asking people not to go behind barriers. We only have one other Grocery store in town. What a mess to happen now when people are trying to shop and busy with customers. The managers must be frazzled.

Honored Contributor

My opinion is that these boards will be gone next year.  So a lot of posters have gone elsewhere or stopped visiting any forums.

I visit here a couple of times a day but dont read a lot of the posts because of the negativity and complaining about the same old same old.  This is one reason why I think these forums will be gone shortly after New Year.

For those who enjoy it here I hope they keep it so you can continue to enjoy your visits here.  The "new" board is ok and I will most likely move to that one when this one is gone.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

With the almost-shutdown here at the Q and the week long sign-on fiasco, I believe this place has lost many loyal posters.  I don't blame those who left for good.

When this place shuts down for good, the PB will be jammin' again.  Many of us post in both places.  I don't think this place is any  busier than the PB.

@Shanus  - maybe you should post in both places like you were at one time - unless you don't plan on continuing with any forum when the Q goes away.  As you post more, you'll become more familiar with PB.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This place is not exactly a bastion of inspirational, lively discussion.  Interesting topics are very limited here and individual posts that are off topic, mean spirited, insulting or heated are not removed. Instead, whole threads are removed. Too many subjects of interest are considered controversial, so we are left with the same boring topics on a loop. 

Valued Contributor

I've been noticing a slump in postings on another online forum I use. This QVC forum has slowed down from before the split and it used to be very supportive and long time posters "knowing" each other. Sometimes it felt like outsiders were not welcome on here. My guess is people are busy or don't want to "talk". I suspect maybe the lure of online forums is going away. People try them and eventually get tired of them, maybe? On this other forum (not QVC), there has been talk among the long timers about why that forum is so slow. As others have mentioned, there are always people who want to say something negative towards another post on here. Seems like more cranky posts in recent months. I had a lot of neighbors on the Next Door app say they are off of it because people were so hateful and mean during the USA elections and covid last year. That is another slumping forum in my area. Lost dogs, business advertisements, and people begging for money. 

Esteemed Contributor

They don't let us talk about anything with real substance, and I understand.  There would be a lot of arguments on the board, but I still learn a lot of stuff on here.  

I don't go to all the threads, just a few. Depends what catches my eye.