Honored Contributor

Re: SOCIAL LIFE TO RESUME WITH SAME CROWD?

@jannabelle1 wrote:

My social group is quite limited, but that said I do not plan to live differently because of this pandemic. I'm 73 and refuse to live my life afraid of my life and my family and relatives. This country has lived through pandemics before and survived. Go ahead - choose to live in your home and afraid to enjoy life. I won't do that. And, I think the majority of people in this country won't hide in their homes either. We may take precautions, but a flu is not going to defeat us. Covid 19 is being controlled.

@jannabelle1   As of yesterday, covid cases are rising...higher than March numbers. There is still a very large part of our society unwilling to get vaccinated. Until most are immune, the covid will be a threat.

Esteemed Contributor

Evidently Israel has removed all restrictions now they are at about 80% vaccined.  Assume that means adults.

Too bad we are nowhere near and won't get there either.

Life for us old, sick people still is only focused on keeping away from unvaccinated.

Glad my oncology group has separated us.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Society is stressed out, for sure!  Too much going on and many people don't have good coping mechanisms.  I am glad that I am basically a homebody, so it's not as hard for me as it is for people who are very social and used to being with a lot of people and doing a lot of things all the time.  Still -- it is difficult for all of us, and it is hard being under restraints constantly and for a long period of time.  It's not a natural way to live.  We live in a country where we are used to our freedoms.  Then, suddenly --- this!  As do most, I like to believe people are good at heart and I try to look for the best in everyone, so it's hard to have to look at people with a wary eye or to be fearful.  As I said earlier, I have the most empathy for the children and the way this is all impacting them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus 

Society is stressed out, for sure!  Too much going on and many people don't have good coping mechanisms.  I am glad that I am basically a homebody, so it's not as hard for me as it is for people who are very social and used to being with a lot of people and doing a lot of things all the time.  Still -- it is difficult for all of us, and it is hard being under restraints constantly and for a long period of time.  It's not a natural way to live.  We live in a country where we are used to our freedoms.  Then, suddenly --- this!  As do most, I like to believe people are good at heart and I try to look for the best in everyone, so it's hard to have to look at people with a wary eye or to be fearful.  As I said earlier, I have the most empathy for the children and the way this is all impacting them.  

@AngelPuppy1   I agree to all you stated....AND mass shootings are frightening me now, too. Some friends who had started venturing out are staying close to home, getting groceries delivered again, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Hey, this thread started asking about going out with friends you had before Covid, now became a real "downer". 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Didn't make to make your topic go down!  Sorry..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Not just you and I added to it, too.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Evidently Israel has removed all restrictions now they are at about 80% vaccined.  Assume that means adults.

Too bad we are nowhere near and won't get there either.

Life for us old, sick people still is only focused on keeping away from unvaccinated.

Glad my oncology group has separated us.

The difference of Israel's population and ours is about 320M people.  

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

My social group is quite limited, but that said I do not plan to live differently because of this pandemic. I'm 73 and refuse to live my life afraid of my life and my family and relatives. This country has lived through pandemics before and survived. Go ahead - choose to live in your home and afraid to enjoy life. I won't do that. And, I think the majority of people in this country won't hide in their homes either. We may take precautions, but a flu is not going to defeat us. Covid 19 is being controlled.

That some still refer dismissively to Covid as a "flu" astounds me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Hey, this thread started asking about going out with friends you had before Covid, now became a real "downer". 

Well @Shanus , tomorrow a few of us from the place I retired from will be meeting for lunch. We used to get together once a month or so but have not since last March. I'm really looking forward to it even if it means wearing a bra, real shoes and makeup LOL!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown