Honored Contributor

SITTING ON SANTA’S LAP

[ Edited ]

Not material things, but what are you wishing for this year? 

I'm hoping for safety in our schools. I sweat it out all day until my granddaughters are home.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SITTING ON SANTA’S LAP

I'm hoping for a saner more peaceful world.A place where everyone is respected for their differences & uniqueness.A world where we can all get along regardless of our backgrounds or beliefs.

Trusted Contributor

Nicksmom ...... Couldn't have said it better! I second her wish.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I'm hoping for a saner more peaceful world.A place where everyone is respected for their differences & uniqueness.A world where we can all get along regardless of our backgrounds or beliefs.

Well said! You are DEFINITELY on Santa's nice list.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

the same thing i wish for every year.......

"peace on earth, good will to men"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A return to honor and decency in government. My hopes are not high. 😿

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I'm with you on that@ Nicksmom. Today is the one year anniversary of the massacre at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. I am not Jewish, but as Pittsburghers, we have all been impacted by this horrible and senseless tragedy.My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims, and the entire congregation of Tree of Life. I can't believe in this day and age that some people still harbor such hate. As you said, it's time for us to embrace our differences and accept each other for what we are.

Esteemed Contributor

Love your question. On a big scale, civility restored in our nation and across the globe. Regarding family? Wonderful things have happened career wise this year for all my children and son-in-law. Grateful beyond words. Knowing we 'have not because we ask not,' I'm declaring gratitudes for a terrific man for my beautiful, talented daughter (relationship just broke up - her wise choice and she's sad) and peace and restoration for my son's life. He's raising a toddler alone because wife has addiction problem. She's not making progress. I have so much respect for him and want him to be fulfilled and happy. Husband retires at end of the year after 44 years in the corporate world. He's counting down the Mondays. May his transition go well and he builds a new normal life that he cherishes. I don't want much -- I just want more!!   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Peace.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Can you alert me if you get your wish?

Then I can wish people Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah once again.