Esteemed Contributor

SHABBAT SHALOM & HAPPY MARCH WEEKEND TO ALL 3-19

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who post on this weekly Shabbat Shalom thread. Regardless of your religious beliefs, you are all so kind and loving. This is a beautiful QVC community filled with the most generous people, in heart as well as in spirit. I love you all Heart Heart

Shabbat Shalom and a happy March weekend to all!  I implore you all to follow your state's guidelines and stay healthy! Hopefully the vaccines that are out will bring us back to the way we were before. Mr. Sunny and I have had the first shot, with the next one in a few weeks. So far so good.

Although the numbers of Covid cases are going down, please, my friends, be careful and do what you have to do to be safe.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here. A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all. Heart

I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened and no longer are with their parents. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their loved ones. May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life. Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones during this time.

Now, even more than ever, may our elected officials find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our health, security and well-being. G-d bless America! Good thoughts and thanks to our military who are protecting us from harm.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of their parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive, and be reunited with their parents. No child should ever be alone or go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. With the holidays coming up, please help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps.

May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE AND HEALTHY, under the care of their loving parents and family.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better. Be kind to others. Don't fill up your shopping cart with toilet paper, Clorox and sanitizer when there are people who are walking out empty handed. Share your bounty and feel good about yourself.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent, a spouse, or a loved one recently, due to covid or otherwise. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong. Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day (if you're able to) and make sure they know you love them. Keep good thoughts and surround yourselves with love.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASKS (some experts are advising TWO masks), and please socially distance. It can save your life, or the life of a loved one.

With Love, Sunny 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM & HAPPY MARCH WEEKEND TO ALL 3-19

family.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala 

Thank you for being so faithful in starting this weekly post.  I want to thank you all for your prayers and words of good wishes during the loss of my brother.  It's a very odd position to be in as he was quite a bit older than me.  There are very few memories of him living at home with our parents and me; like my parents raised two families ( I was the "oh-oh").  So most of my life he has lived other places and yet I could always call him and talk.  I'm struggling that he is really gone and there will be no more phone calls to be had here any longer.  He died Dec. 1 and his birthday is coming up on Apr. 1.   Your prayers have been heard and I am doing much better; thank you for your patience with me. 

Spring is coming!  I have tulips pushing up thru the ground and my forsythia bush started blooming last weekend.  My weeping willow tree looks like green haze as the leaves are starting to bud out and my backyard neighbor has a crabapple tree that is wine colored haze.  Robins are singing and life is renewing itself.  I know many of you are not experiencing this just yet-just wanted to give you a nod that it's coming!  

Trusted Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to you as well! It is spring; it is daylight time; Covid vaccintions and deaths are going in their right directions, and I feel we are on the far side of the mountain of tension and anxiety we have been climbing for a few years. Everything does not and cannot be perfect for everyone in the world, all the time. Yet we have many blessings, and appreciating them is the best way I know to bring forth more. I am appreciating this thread each week. I am appreciating the sun shining in a blue sky. I am appreciating the help I receive every day when I need it. I am appreciating waking up and going to sleep, and food to eat and a kitchen to cook it in. I am appreciating the knowledge that the world is not broken, and does not need for me to fix it, but offers so many opportunities to make my tiny bit of it better. May we all uplift our hearts together this week. 

Honored Contributor

May we all enjoy a peaceful, and happy, healthy weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos to all!  I, too, see harbingers of Spring here and there, including the daffodils that my late husband planted over 20 years ago yet come out to say "hello" every year.

May all of you enjoy the beauty that is emerging and good health!  

Respected Contributor

Wishing all a Shabbat shalom! Welcome to Spring!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Happy Friday and Beginning of Spring!

I am so looking forward to the warmer weather and getting out in the fresh air.

Hope you all have a peaceful, safe, healthy, and happy weekend and week ahead.

Do something Springlike that makes you happyHeart

Honored Contributor

Wishing all a quiet and warm weekend and Shabbat Shalom to all.

I'm planning my Passover menu. My eight foot long dining table can accommodate the 6 of us safely distanced, so the Seder will begin again after a year's break. The Girl's will come early to make their beloved matzo balls and I made the chicken soup during the week and froze it in separate containers. Since it's on a Sat. night, DH can take a break from taxes and resume his job as chief dishwasher. LOL

So happy the storm wasn't as bad as predicted for us...tornados were about 8 miles away, but we had rain, thunder and lightening. Hope anyone in it's path made it safe and sound.

Shanus

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people who gather here every Friday.  Wishing all of you a lovely weekend filled with good food, a great book, and any safe activity that makes you happy. 

Prayers going out to those poor children still without the loving arms of their families.  My heart goes out to them.