Respected Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM & HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEKEND TO ALL 10-30

Good Shabbos to all! With all the "tumult" in our lives today it is so comforting to reflect with these kind, thoughtful posts each week. Wishing all a healthy & peaceful weekend. I am thankful to @sunala for starting us off each week. Take good care everyone. 💗
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Halloween. Enjoy the full Blue moon and don't forget to change your clocks. If you haven't already, get out and VOTE!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Sunny.   You are the best.❤️

I know I'm not alone in searching for peace and hope.   I was just reading something I posted before and decided to share it again.

This was written years ago but feels so important now. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Four candles slowly burned, the ambiance was so soft one could almost hear them talking.   The first candle said "I am Peace.  The world is full of anger and fighting.  Nobody can keep me lit."  Then the flame of Peace went out completely.

The second candle said "I am Faith.  I am no longer indispensable.   It does not make sense that I stay lit another moment."  Just then a breeze softly blew away Faith's flame.

Sadly the third candle began to speak:  "I am Love.  People don't understand my importance so they simply put me aside.  They even forget to love those who are nearest to them."  And waiting no longer,  Love's flame went out.

Suddenly a child entered the room and saw the three unlit candles.  "Why aren't you burning?  You are supposed to stay still lit 'til the end."  Saying this the child began to cry.

Then the fourth candle answered:  "Don't be afraid.  I am Hope.  While I am still burning we can re-light the other candles."   With shining eyes the child took the candle and lit the others.

The greatest of these is Love...  but the flame of Hope should never go out of your life.   With Hope each of us can live with Peace, Faith and Love."

Aino Makoto

When we look back on these days, one of the things that will matter is how we treated one another.   Take care, be safe and well, everyone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo ,

Thank You for posting such timely and beautifully written words...and so true.

We have to stay positive with Hope!

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 💕
Beautiful words! I will save this & read again when we light our Hanukkah menorah. Thank you for sharing!
Honored Contributor

Totally missed this on Friday, recovering from Hip Replacement on 10-10 I fell and broke my hip, recovery is slow and no fun but I am strong and young for this only 65 and I will recover

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Thank you, Sunny.   You are the best.❤️

I know I'm not alone in searching for peace and hope.   I was just reading something I posted before and decided to share it again.

This was written years ago but feels so important now. 

"Four candles slowly burned, the ambiance was so soft one could almost hear them talking.   The first candle said "I am Peace.  The world is full of anger and fighting.  Nobody can keep me lit."  Then the flame of Peace went out completely.

The second candle said "I am Faith.  I am no longer indispensable.   It does not make sense that I stay lit another moment."  Just then a breeze softly blew away Faith's flame.

Sadly the third candle began to speak:  "I am Love.  People don't understand my importance so they simply put me aside.  They even forget to love those who are nearest to them."  And waiting no longer,  Love's flame went out.

Suddenly a child entered the room and saw the three unlit candles.  "Why aren't you burning?  You are supposed to stay still lit 'til the end."  Saying this the child began to cry.

Then the fourth candle answered:  "Don't be afraid.  I am Hope.  While I am still burning we can re-light the other candles."   With shining eyes the child took the candle and lit the others.

The greatest of these is Love...  but the flame of Hope should never go out of your life.   With Hope each of us can live with Peace, Faith and Love."

Aino Makoto

When we look back on these days, one of the things that will matter is how we treated one another.   Take care, be safe and well, everyone.❤️

@dooBdoo  - hi my friend. It's always so good to see you. I hope all is well in your world!

Such a beautiful post. Come back and visit again soon XOX

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Wishing you a speedy & complete recovery. Hope you can be up & around soon with no pain. ❤️🌺

@I am still oxox
Totally missed this on Friday, recovering from Hip Replacement on 10-10 I fell and broke my hip, recovery is slow and no fun but I am strong and young for this only 65 and I will recover