Honored Contributor

Re: ****SHABBAT SHALOM**** September 23

Happy weekend, Shabbat Shalom and Happy New Year! 

Set up the perfect happy #RoshHashanah mood for your celebrating friends  with this #ecard. #shanatova | Happy rosh hashanah, Rosh hashanah, Rosh  hashanah greetings

Thank you, @MOMMAVik  for starting this week's inclusive, peaceful thread. Smiley Happy

@Shanus  is there any soup left?  Smiley Happy   Maybe I should taste it just to be sure it's okay for your sweet grandchildren? Smiley Wink 

I hope everyone has a good week ahead.  

Take a moment for yourself today to recharge for the week ahead. 

Today is National Food Service Workers Day.   I want to THANK them all for their hard work and dedication to bringing us delicious food and service, especially after the last few years.  

As for what I brought to our gathering........apple honey cookies.  

https://family-friends-food.com/apple-honey-cookies/

Apple and honey cookies on a wire cooling rack.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj   The soup was yummy and so easy: Throw a whole chicken in a pot of cold water to cover. Add celery, onions, garlic and carrots...dill, if you like and let it come to a boil Skim off the yucky stuff that comes to the top. Cover and simmer for about an hour or until chicken falls off the bone...great chicken for chicken salad and other recipes.

Cool, strain and freeze in containers for when the kids scream "Mom Mom,I want matzo ball soup!!!!"

I always have at least 6 containers at all times to use my own broth in recipes,so I can control salt and seasonings.

Love from Martha "Shanus" Stewert

Frequent Contributor

wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

Honored Contributor

@Shanus that's how I make my soup, minus the dill.  Sometimes, I use chicken breasts only. Depends on what I have in the freezer or who will be eating the meat. 
Sometimes, I put herbs in the pot.  I've also done it in the crockpot.   No matter how I make chicken soup, it always hits the spot! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj   I guess standard recipe. Maybe we can get together for a chicken soup lunch. 💕

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@dmod nj   I guess standard recipe. Maybe we can get together for a chicken soup lunch. 💕

Heart I'll bring dessert! Smiley Happy