Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM SEPTEMBER 1ST*****

[ Edited ]

_ (7).jpegShabbat Shalom and Happy Labor Day Weekend!!!

Fall is supposed to be here, but the temps don't lie. We're still in the mid-80's and our coastal areas took a "hit" with the storms. We just had a lot of rain.

Welcome to everyone who visits here each weekend to gather for friendship, support or just to share news about yourself and/or your family's plans.

Our weekend was supposed to be rather quiet, but DS, DIL and my GDs had to cancel their beach plans. The beach house they were renting is now damaged. They will be refunded.

All of a sudden, I'm doing a cookout! I have the bigger  kitchen, yard and a gas grill. The Girls are coming tonite and staying for the weekend (parents need a break) and the cookout will be on Monday. The granddaughters will be baking and doing desserts, etc. We'll also spend time in my studio making jewelry and painting. 

Today I'll be making their beds upstairs and straightening up their bathroom. I need to go to the grocery store and hope all BBQ fixins' are still on the shelves....short notice, but I love having all of them with me. 

Have a safe, relaxing and fun Labor Day Weekend.

Shanus HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM SEPTEMBER 1ST*****

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

This is our last Family Weekend of the Summer. We will have our kids and little grandkids here for 3 days till back to school Tuesday.

I hate the Winter so the end of Summer is not something I look forward to. I do like Fall so I will concentrate on that.

It is 68 degrees here and windy but next week 98 (when the kids will be in school).

Enjoy all you do this long weekend.

Relaxing Labor Day Weekend Happy Labor Day Weekend GIF - Relaxing Labor Day Weekend Happy Labor Day Weekend Beach GIFs

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and happy holiday weekend !!!

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Weekend plus Happy Labor Day!  Prayers needed for those suffering from the hurricane. 

We plan on just relaxing a bit, maybe some yard tidying if the weather allows.  Temps are going to be in mid to high 90s until Wed. so  might just hibernate in the AC. Going to a potluck picnic on Sun. & DS joining us on Mon. for a bbq. Not sure on what I'll be doing food wise so better get to the planning now!

Be well and stay cool!

FB_IMG_1693580395509.jpg

Respected Contributor

And peace be among everyone 🕊️✌️

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom everyone.  I always forget about this but hopefully I'll remember now!

I saw this on The Washington Post website and thought it was appropriate for this group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/08/31/jacob-steinmetz-orthodox-jewish-diamondbacks/?utm_c...

Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos everyone!

Hope you have a lovely weekend. 

We are home. going to keep it simple.

It rained a bit here last night and it is damp and cool. Absolute heaven after our heat wave.

Fun to read other's fun family plans