Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM JUNE 16TH*****

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and Shabbat Shalom.

Welcome always to all our friends who enjoy this thread whether or not they observe the Jewish Saturday sabbath. A day of rest on the the weekend is wonderful either way.

Of course, Father's Day on Sunday may mean not so much rest for some of us. We're doing a cookout for the family and a few old friends whose kids live far away and a dad who unfortuneatly lost his son a few years ago and berng alone on Father's Day causes him the deepest pain I can imagine. I include him and his wife each year. 

So, Saturday night, I'll begin preparations with burgers, ribs, jello salad, baked bean casseroler, potato salad...most fixings that everyone enjoys. Banana Pudding and Stawberry Shortcake in a large trifle bowl for dessert. I love desserts I can do in advance. 

Wishing everyone and their DHs a happy Father's Day. For those of us whose Dads have passed, take a moment to remember them and all they sacrificed to give us the love and great start in life, advice when we needed it and of course their piece of mind, too. Lol

Have a wonderful and safe weekend. 

Love to all

Shanus Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM JUNE 16TH*****

Good morning all.   @Shanus  what a wonderful post.  I miss my Dad every day.  He was kind, loving, funny, protective,  talented and smart.   He made us feel so loved and was an amazing Dad.    Enjoy your celebration on Sunday.

We will be very low key,  but celebrate too.

Wishing everyone a fun, safe and happy weekend.  Sending hugs to all.  xoxo

Honored Contributor

Hope the Weekend and Week Ahead is just wonderful!

Thank You to all the Fathers who have worked so hard and loved so muchHeart

@Shanus  Your Menu is perfect....especially that Dessert!Happy Father's Day 2023 GIFs - Download on Funimada.com

Honored Contributor

Making the cookout is a lot of work, especially with family AND guests. Although it is Father's Day, DH pitches in on the grill and DIL brings some salads and fix'ins. 

I grew up with a grill with coals and this gas grill is different to me (and not that charcoal flavor I love), but that's DH's domain. Let him enjoy his space.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos and Happy Fathers Day !!

Also, FYI, I never make a point to watch Hallmark movies, but saw  promo, tomorrow night at 8 ET is a movie about a Jewish wedding, will give it a shot. 

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.
Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos all, missing my dad just a little more this weekend  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy Father's Day! @Shanus your menu is delicious!  Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts every week. This is a highlight of my week to participate in such a heartwarming activity.  

Be well and have a wonderful weekend!

FB_IMG_1686944431144.jpg

Honored Contributor

Happy weekend to all. Good Shabbos. 

@Shanus  thank you for this week's friendly thread. Smiley Happy   Your menu sounds delicious! Smiley Happy   Do you need a taste tester? If so, I'm your gal. Smiley Wink lol 

I am still lucky enough to have my dad with me, so I'll be enjoying the day with him.   Our son will be spending part of the day  with us via Skype. We'll be eating our meal  with him and his fiancee via Skype.  Our meal will begin at noon. There is always enough food and room at our table for anyone who would like to join us. Smiley Happy 

For those missing your father, I hope memories of past Father's Day put a smile on your face. 

For those missing a child, I hope their memory is a blessing. 

Today is National Apple Strudel Day and National Cherry Tart Day. 

Help yourself. Smiley Happy   Mangia! 

Puff Pastry Apple Strudel: Quick And Easy - Beyond Kimchee

Rustic Cherry Tarts - Chocolate with Grace

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj
Have a wonderful day with your Dad! So nice that you can Zoom with your son and his fiancee.

That strudel looks delicious!