Honored Contributor

*****SHABBAT SHALOM JANUARY 5TH*****

Shabbat Shalom and welcome to our inclusive Friday thread. I hope you visit here often to share your thoughts, weekend plans and see what other forum friends are doing.

Another school shooting yesterday in Iowa!!! A 5 yr.old child is dead and others wounded. When will this violence in our country and in many other nations end? I'm wishing for peace and safety as a "right" for everyone.

Huge rain storm tomorrow with maybe freezing rain and high winds. Possible power outages were announced. I'll be in my studio working on a new painting, but if it sounds too dangerous (skylights overhead), I'll be out of there quickly.

Wishing all a safe and restful weekend.

_ (7).jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM JANUARY 5TH*****

Good morning all.   We've been lucky so far with the weather,  but being in the northern burbs of Chicago,  all good things come to an end during the winter months ..   light snow this weekend,  but they are targeting Tues with a  possible heavy storm.    Right now it's too far away to tell.

There are so many things I wish for in the New Year regarding sanity and the world  ...   in the meantime,  I wish only good things,  happiness and safety for my friends here.  May most of your deams and wishes come true.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, a fairly big storm on the way.  In the northeast we are excited for snow but I know where you are may be ice and there is nothing worse than an ice storm.   Be safe and cozy and I'm praying along with you for peace always.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1   Yes, Tuesday here, too. They just don't know yet what we can expect. Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

We are forecasted to get 2 storms...one this weekend and another Tuesday. It looks like mostly rain, high winds, and some flooding (we are on the Bay) for us...plus it is 29 degrees here..BRRR.

@Shanus ...Yes all this violence is just so upsetting and disheartening. 

Prayers it will stop. It has to stop.

Wishing good health, happiness, and peace to all who post here on this inclusive thread that is always a bright light.Heart

Happy Winter Wishing You a Warm Weekend With Love winter snow christmas  xmas snowman winter gif winter quote snow gif … | Happy winter, Weekend gif,  Holiday cartoon

Honored Contributor

It's so hard to believe it's the first week of Jan. 2024. I'm still signing 2023. Not sure where the year went!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos and Happy Weekend to all! 

We are getting that storm starting tomorrow afternoon through Sunday morning.  A mixed bag of rain, sleet and snow. They are saying that the rain should be enough to wash away most of any snow we get, hopefully that will be the case.   May you and your loved ones stay warm and safe!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday.    He was 18 and I was 14  when I met him and he will be 70 tomorrow. Neighborhood boy that I thought was cute.  Seems unbelievable how much time has gone by.  We are lucky.

Anyway,  enough about me.   Good shabbos and have a great day.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1   What a cute story about your DH. Happy Birthday to him.

I met my DH at UNC my senior year when I was turning 20 and he was ready to graduate w/ 2nd degree. NY schools begin earlier and he skipped a grade and is 4 yrs. older than me. Long story short, we've been married for 53 (and 1/2) years. I guess when you know, you know, right?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@PhilaLady1   What a cute story about your DH. Happy Birthday to him.

I met my DH at UNC my senior year when I was turning 20 and he was ready to graduate w/ 2nd degree. NY schools begin earlier and he skipped a grade and is 4 yrs. older than me. Long story short, we've been married for 53 (and 1/2) years. I guess when you know, you know, right?

My hubby and I are also 4 years apart. I had just turned 21 and he was 25. I thought he might be a bit too old for me when I first met him but that changed after the first date. Yep...when you know you know!

We are married 43 years...blessed for sure.

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos

going to make turkey soup from the Thanksgiving bird

it's so easy in the pressure cooker