Esteemed Contributor

SHABBAT SHALOM, HAPPY CHANUKAH &HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL

Shabbat Shalom, Happy Chanukah, and a happy December Friday to all. 

Covid is getting worse. More time passes us by while the numbers of cases are going up higher every day.  NYC schools are now open for the time being. Most suburban schools are opened, but more will be closing every day as the numbers continue to rise. Work from home or take the subway or railroad to work? Visit the hairdresser or another month with long, unruly gray hair? Dining out or eating home? Every day there are more decisions to be made. And now the numbers are going sky-high AGAIN in several states. The numbers are growing out of control, many say due to the huge Halloween parties AND Thanksgiving dinners with no masks. Please, my friends, be careful and do what you have to do to be safe. Covid is no joke.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here. A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all. Heart

I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened and no longer are with their parents. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their loved ones. May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life. Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones during this time.

Now, even more than ever, may our elected officials find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our health, security and well-being. G-d bless America! Good thoughts and thanks to our military who are protecting us from harm.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of their parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive, and be reunited with their parents. No child should ever be alone or go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. With the holidays coming up, please help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps.

May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE AND HEALTHY, under the care of their loving parents and family.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better. Be kind to others. Don't fill up your shopping cart with toilet paper, Clorox and sanitizer when there are people who are walking out empty handed. Share your bounty and feel good about yourself.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent, a spouse, or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong. Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day (if you're able to) and make sure they know you love them. Keep good thoughts and surround yourselves with love.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASKS and socially distance. It can save your life, or the life of a loved one.

With Love, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM, HAPPY CHANUKAH &HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL

With love to everyone for a beautiful Chanukah weekend !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Chanukah and week ahead to all who post here.

We are having a very small immediate family dinner Saturday. We can't wait till this nightmare is over and we can be with our loved ones again.

Prayers this will end soon with the vaccine and next year will be somewhat normal.

Honored Contributor

Dear Sunny and All the Lovely Ladies Who Post Their Positive Thoughts Here Every Week,

To all of you who are celebrating Chanukah, I wish continued blessings as well as a joyous celebration.  My wish is that each new candle that is lit sheds light on a life of goodness and beauty.  May the increased light overcome the darkness that has fallen upon us.

How I would love some latkes.  Hmmm....

May all who post here have a safe, blessed and beautiful weekend.

Thank you, everyone, for being a faithful source of good cheer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

35A67FB1-32F2-4760-A862-104CD270F741.jpegShabbat Shalom and Chag Hanukkah Sameach!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @sunala  for starting this uplifting, meaningful thread each Friday. Wishing all a Happy Hanukkah and a peaceful, safe weekend. 

I should know this, but why all the different spellings of this holiday? 

Stay safe, wash those hands, keep your masks on when not with those you live with and keep your distance when out and about. 

ShanusHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shanus,

The various spellings must have something to do with that initial "chgggh" sound.  As for the one "n" or two "n's," people transliterated it differently.  I guess...

I am thinking of the "ch" sound in l'chaim.

Of course I know next to nothing about Hebrew, but I was always game to sing along with transliterations during the "all" participation at the Bar Mitzvahs I attended. 

ETA: The general sound of the passages I joined in on was very familiar to me.  I am not a music scholar, but I think the minor key employed in Judaism is very similar to that used for Greek Orthodox chants.  For me, there was a familiar sound -- that's all I know.  I quite enjoyed myself singing along.

Honored Contributor

@golding76   Thanks. Good enough explanation as any. I don't know Hebrew either....love the yellow sheet at the book of the book w/ transliterations to help folow along and impress the grandchildren. 

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 ,

YUM!

Honored Contributor

Just a side note..

My Nephew (who lives in Manhattan) wanted to come home to New Jersey for a few months..he was tested (negative thankful) got the Express train from NYC to Hamilton NJ and was the only person on the entire train.

My brother picked him up at the station and there were 2 cars in the Commuter Parking Lot.

Nephew took pictures on the empty train. I cried when I saw them.

My brother said they both had tears in their eyes when he got off the train.

He normally has to look for an open seat.