Honored Contributor

SHABBAT SHALOM FROM THE BAT MITZVAH

[ Edited ]

Hello, Ladies. I left yesterday morning...too early to begin this thread, but since today IS Shabbat, hope it's OK.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend with peace, happiness and good health.

My GD did a beautiful job last night. I used up 6 Kleenexes!!!! Today is her BIG day. Try wearing the masks while praying and singing. We're supposed to be at Temple by 9:30 for family pics. COFFEE!!! Late night hugging all my family... some cousins that I haven't seen for years.

It's going to be 70 degrees today. Winter? Hope ya'll have such gorgeous weather. 

Regards from Shanus

Respected Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM FROM THE BAT MITZVAH

Mazel Tov! Have a wonderful day. I'm sure everyone's

make up will be fabulous, incredibly tasteful.

Many congratulations to the Bat Miztvah and the entire family.

Honored Contributor

How very wonderful!  Blessings to you and your family on this joyous occasion!!!!!!❤❤💗💓💓💞💕

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Congrats to you and your GD.  So glad your family celebrates such a moving and joyous weekend amidst the trying times in which we are living.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Mazel Tov to your DGD! Many years ago my boss invited his staff to the Bar Mitzvah's of both of his sons over time. I grew up knowing a lot about Judaism and loved attending these moving ceremonies. I even cried and I'm Catholic!

What a wonderful milestone in her life. Thank you for sharing with us.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Mazel Tov! Have a wonderful day. I'm sure everyone's

make up will be fabulous, incredibly tasteful.

Many congratulations to the Bat Miztvah and the entire family.

@IMW   Everyone was on their own, but promised my DIL and GD, I'd do their for the weekend. My GD wanted shimmery shadow, sparkles in her hair.....Uh, Grandma says "No way"...at 13?

Honored Contributor

Thanks @ECBG . She did a beautiful job and I'm worn out from all the eating!! Also not used to "partying". You'd be proud. I had a Cosmo last night and walked out on my own!!! 🤣

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus   Congrats to you and your GD.  So glad your family celebrates such a moving and joyous weekend amidst the trying times in which we are living.  

@millieshops   Thank you. We've all been worried for 8 mos. whether this would come off or not. We did limit it to family, no friends except my GD's. There were still 70 people, all masked and distanced and separated for meals by immediate families we've had contact with. This "thing" has to end. It's crazy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids   Thank you. It's rare my purse has more kleenex than makeup. Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus I meant to add, his sons weren't strangers to DH and I. His wife and boys often came to the law office and visited and had lunch with all of us. Had so much fun. DH and I danced so much I kicked off my shoes, as did others. We were the last gentiles to leave LOL!and  only because it was over.