Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM AUGUST 26TH

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos to all who observe and a pleasant, safe and joyful weekend to all! 

My hopes and wishes are the same as those of the ever-uplifting Shanus.  Thank you for giving us a place to congregate weekly to express our feelings and thoughts about the oneness of humanity and the rewards of compassionate thinking and living.  It seems mankind must continue to relearn the basic precepts of the great religious leaders and teachers.  The basic moral lesson that undergirds the best guidance is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  Love your neighbor more than yourself (not just "as yourself") is helpful, too.

Well, before we gather again, meteorological summer will have ended.  Summer is my favorite season, and so I am sad to see it go. 

11,779 End Of Summer Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Fall can be sparkling and colorful -- plus all that's pumpkin spice returns-- so cheers to that!  I've already had a Sweet Potato Cupcake covered with cream cheese icing from Starbucks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

I've already had a Sweet Potato Cupcake covered with cream cheese icing from Starbucks.

@golding76 ,

I feel like running to the nearest Starbucks....that sounds FABULOUS! I too am a Summer lover so it coming to an end makes me think of Winter how how much I dislike itWoman Sad I do like Fall so hopefully the Winter won't be too harsh.

Respected Contributor

Hello to all who read & post! May you have a peaceful Shabbat. Wishing everyone a fun & delightful weekend. 

Thank you for the thoughtful posts.  Your words bring me joy & much to reflect on.

Stay well & remember to smile, donate to charity if you can _ keep the suffering & sick in your prayers.

FB_IMG_1661550773363.jpg

In a few weeks these beautiful colors will be here!

FB_IMG_1661550476117.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to everyone here.  I am among the summer-haters, so am very much looking forward to fall & winter.

In a few weeks my 95-year-old father will be receiving a life-time achievement award at the synagogue; he's been their attorney forever.  So we have a big celebration to go to; I'm just afraid no one will wear a mask except me & my sister.  Oh well.  He is looking forward to it.

Best wishes to all of you here! Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira, Mazel Tov to your father and your family! What a special occasion to celebrate him.
Honored Contributor

kutira,

Your family must be so proud of your father.  What an honorable accomplishment.

Mazel Tov!  

Honored Contributor

@kutira,

Congratulations to your Dad...hope his special day is perfect in every way!!

Honored Contributor

@golding76   Thanks for the kind words. They definitely come from my heart. The world is a frightening place now.

Enjoy your weekend.

Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to everyone here.  I am among the summer-haters, so am very much looking forward to fall & winter.

In a few weeks my 95-year-old father will be receiving a life-time achievement award at the synagogue; he's been their attorney forever.  So we have a big celebration to go to; I'm just afraid no one will wear a mask except me & my sister.  Oh well.  He is looking forward to it.

Best wishes to all of you here! Heart

@kutira   Mazel Tov to your Dad and your family. You can have those disposable masks at the door and "request" that they be worn. We did that at my GD's Bat Mitzvah because older family members were in attendance.

Trusted Contributor

Elul, already!

Shabbat Shalom to all who celebrate/observe. And happy first weekend of September to one and all.

Begin again -- never believe changes can't happen. I was uplifted this week finding out that some dear old friends were being able to make a change that would support both their mental, and physical health -- and I know that will help their emotional health.

Be good. Be kind -- and don't forget to be kind to yourself, too!

Loving thoughts,

-Solar  Smiley Happy