Respected Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM APRIL 19TH****

We eat Matzah Brie all year long! A favorite breakfast!
Respected Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
We eat Matzah Brie all year long! A favorite breakfast!

Can I invite myself over for breakfast....everyday lol.  Yum!😃❤️

Respected Contributor

@cheriere, I'll set a place for you! Do you have a favorite jam you'd like for the topping?! 🙂
Respected Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@cheriere, I'll set a place for you! Do you have a favorite jam you'd like for the topping?! 🙂

Aww, you're too kind.  Thank you❤️

I like everything when it comes to jellies and jams, Surprise me!  😃

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,  happy weekend, Happy Passover, and Good Shabbos!

@Shanus  thank you for this week's inclusive thread.   Enjoy the time with your family.

It's so hurtful, disturbing and angering that you don't feel safe going to your house of worship, or @PhilaLady1  feels the need to take her name off her mailbox.   It's just all so wrong. Smiley Sad 

It's beginning to look like spring here in central NY.  Cherry tree flowers are blooming, spring flowers are blooming.......it's beautiful. Smiley Happy 

I hope you all have a good week ahead. Friday will be here before we know it. 

My prayers are for peace, that common sense prevails, and for treating others the way you want to be treated. 

Today is National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day.  Mangia! Enjoy. 
NATIONAL PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE DAY - April 20

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's outrageous and discouraging that, in this world today, we have to keep Martin Niemöller's quote in our minds.

First they came for the _______, and I did not speak out because I was not a _______  .

Then they came for the _______ , and I did not speak out because I was not a ________.

Then they came for the ________ , and I did not speak out because I was not a _______ .

Then they came for me -- and there was no one left to speak for me.

Feel free to fill in the blanks.  And hope that we are allowed the right to speak out.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee 

Thank you for this quote.😔❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all who celebrate.  

I'm Jewish but my DH is Irish and was raised Catholic so I have an Irish last name now.  My other Jewish friends are also afraid of their names being out there....one never knows what strangers are thinking and how they may react.

We are living in very sad and frightening times right now and I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@just bee 

Thank you for this quote.😔❤️❤️❤️

@cheriere 

Niemöller filled in the blanks differently as world events changed over time.  I might fill them in one way, while someone else here might fill them in another way.

What's unfortunate is that the quote can still be relevant today and blanks continue to be filled in.

I received an email from my alma mater.  A university in Northern California.  Because of the violence and destruction this week, they were forced to close the campus.

I do not recognize this place.  

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~