Esteemed Contributor

SHABBAT SHALOM, AND HAPPY JANUARY 2021 WEEKEND TO ALL

Shabbat Shalom and a happy weekend to all!  I implore you all to follow your state's guidelines and stay healthy! Hopefully the vaccines that are out will bring us back to the way we were before.  

However, Covid is getting worse. More time passes us by while the numbers of cases are going up higher every day.  Every day there are more decisions to be made. And now the numbers are going sky-high AGAIN in several states. The numbers are growing out of control, many say due to the Thanksgiving and New Years dinners and celebrations with no masks or social distancing. Please, my friends, be careful and do what you have to do to be safe.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here. A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all. Heart

I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened and no longer are with their parents. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their loved ones. May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life. Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones during this time.

Now, even more than ever, may our elected officials find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our health, security and well-being. G-d bless America! Good thoughts and thanks to our military who are protecting us from harm.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of their parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive, and be reunited with their parents. No child should ever be alone or go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. With the holidays coming up, please help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps.

May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE AND HEALTHY, under the care of their loving parents and family.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better. Be kind to others. Don't fill up your shopping cart with toilet paper, Clorox and sanitizer when there are people who are walking out empty handed. Share your bounty and feel good about yourself.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent, a spouse, or a loved one recently, due to covid or otherwise. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong. Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day (if you're able to) and make sure they know you love them. Keep good thoughts and surround yourselves with love.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASKS and socially distance. It can save your life, or the life of a loved one.

With Love, Sunny Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SHALOM, AND HAPPY JANUARY 2021 WEEKEND TO ALL

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom. May everyone stay safe, distanced and masked  with an eye on a healthier future.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to everyone. Smiley Happy 

I hope you are all healthy, socially distancing and wearing a mask. 

This Wednesday, my Jersey gfs and I are getting together, virtually via Zoom,  for a  luncheon. I'm looking forward to lots of laughter and good conversation.  Thank goodness for technology! 

Sunny, thank you for this peaceful thread.   I second everything you posted. 

My heart hurts for our country and all it's dealing with and going through,  especially those who are ill.  I pray our future is full of goodness and the  promise for better things. 

Today is National Bagel Day and National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day.  

Help yourself, mangia!!  

Assorted Bagels w. Smoked Fish, Salads & Spreads | Specialty & grocery |  BaldorFood

Fresh Squeezed Goodness: Juice Bars in Midtown | Broadstone Midtown

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos to our posters & readers on this very comforting weekly spot. Heard about the new Covid strain. I guess it is more contagious yet not more deadly? I hope we can stay on the path to beating this as 2021 proceeds. Can't wait for my turn to receive the vaccine. Our DS received both doses & is doing well, no real effects except arm sore next day. Wishing all a warm, healthy & peaceful week across our nation!
Respected Contributor

Thanks @dmod nj for the pictures! Had our lox& bagels this morning. A favorite breakfast of ours! 🦗
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj. Oy! Don't know how my emoji got in there! My fat finger picked it ...
Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@dmod nj. Oy! Don't know how my emoji got in there! My fat finger picked it ...

No worries.   Smiley Happy  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I hope you all can enjoy the weekend and week ahead.

We know so many that now have Covid. Each day I hear of a new family member, coworker, or friend that is suffering. 

Please stay safe by masking up and distancing as much as possible.

Prayers the vaccine is available to all soon...we need it!!!

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, one and all !!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos to all.  It is the yarzheit for my little brother so I lit a candle.

Lox & bagel sounds so good; I'm jealous...still feeling the effects of anesthesia...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney