Honored Contributor

SHABBAT SERVICES TONITE WITH MOURNING PRAYERS

We had Shabbat dinner w/ DS, DIL and GDs. At 6:30, we were at Temple...1/2 hr. early...standing room only. We went to the balcony area and found a few chairs where all the networks had cameras/reporters present. We were greeted by several police cars and armed guards at the entrance of  the sanctuary. Everyone was handed a green paper leaf to write their thoughts to attain peace. The Pittsburgh Synagogue was called Tree of Life in English. The leaves will be displayed in the entrance of the Temple. Each person who died had their name read aloud and the Hebrew prayer for mourning, Kaddish, was said.

I would like to share this prayer (translated) that was offered by the Rabbi tonite. There were naturally tears shed:

”THE TREE OF LIFE”

Oh sweet spirit

Hear my prayer

Help these words 

Heal someone out there

I am but a voice

Just a cry in the air

But I sing nonetheless

Through this pain we share

Oh sweet friends

Come and dry your eyes

And hold each other

By this tree of life

I am angry and I am tired

Of this great divide

But I sing nonetheless

With love on our side

Oh sweet souls

Who feel broken now

We’ll heal together

Somewhere, somehow

Time and again

We have been let down

But we sing nonetheless

Still whole and proud

AMEN

Honored Contributor

Re: SHABBAT SERVICES TONITE WITH MOURNING PRAYERS

I can’t believe I’m still awake at almost 12:30. The services were so moving, I need time to unwind and come to terms w/ this tragedy....again. I thought I had, but tonite brought it all back.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus We could not attend Shul tonight. There were special services in all of the Shuls around NYC tonight and some in the five boroughs. Heartbreaking. Our hearts go out to all of the families that have been effected by these senseless killings. Thank you for the Prayer. There is not enough Love in this world but there is no shortage of Hate.

May everyone stay safe. Keep your loved ones close and hug them tonight and everyday forward. Also, tell them you love them, everyday!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

My family and I have been grieving for these victims since this occurred. @Shanus and other friends here, could you tell me if a sympathy message and small charitable donation to our local Synagogue would be an a appropriate acknowledgment of our unity?

Honored Contributor

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/325989-Weekend-Blessings-Happy-Saturday-Love-And-Prayers.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

My family and I have been grieving for these victims since this occurred. @Shanus and other friends here, could you tell me if a sympathy message and small charitable donation to our local Synagogue would be an a appropriate acknowledgment of our unity?

I think reaching out to your local Synagogue or JCC would be a wonderful gesture 

Tzedakah is the Hebrew word for philanthropy and charity. It is a form of social justice in which donors benefit from giving as much or more than the recipients.

Esteemed Contributor

Blessings to all ... who have been affected by this tragedy. 

Respected Contributor

Praying for healing and peace.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Shanus We could not attend Shul tonight. There were special services in all of the Shuls around NYC tonight and some in the five boroughs. Heartbreaking. Our hearts go out to all of the families that have been effected by these senseless killings. Thank you for the Prayer. There is not enough Love in this world but there is no shortage of Hate.

May everyone stay safe. Keep your loved ones close and hug them tonight and everyday forward. Also, tell them you love them, everyday!

@Coquille  Appreciate those loving thoughts. Hugged my Girls throughout the service. I can’t remember when I so moved by services.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@violann  What a wonderful gesture. I’d check w/ your local synagogue and see how they’re handling donations. They may provide the name/address of Pittsburgh synagogue so you can send any contributions directly there to go to families involved.