Honored Contributor

Re: SEPTEMBER 2015 - Bird's Nest

Pineapple conures: Pineapple conures

Hi Birding Friends,   The above is a photo of what the newest family member here will look like when he/she is an adult.  Pineapple conure.   The little bird was brought home last night by DDIL.   Not sure if it is more for DS or my middle GS.   I just hope its as much fun and company as Frank was.   I do miss Frank, even though he could be demanding. This little one, no name yet,  is scared and getting used to its' cage.  It'll be interesting to see what it's name will be.   After Frank, for a bird's name,  no telling! Cat LOL

I am heading for the store and will be humming "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" and Christmas Carols like Bernie.   It's hot outside.  I need to reset the clocks on some things as there was apparently a power glitch sometime last night.  The microwave and remote thermometer are blinking,  needing resetting. 

Have a nice Wednesday and keep cool. 

Honored Contributor

These look just like my parrot, Bailey!: These look just like my parrot, Bailey!

Honored Contributor

@possummink

Congratulations on the arrival of a new 'grand bird'.  What an exciting time :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Possum, Conrad is a smart doggie. He pulled his out. Was going over to him to get them out but he beat me - and I walked away from that area so he got no more in his tootsies. Me, they covered the bottoms of both my Birkies. Went back up into the gated back yard and I keep small knives in the carport and the nearby shed in the yard to cut off some weeds underground and popped them out with the back of the blade - over the big trash container.Usually those weeds I go underground to cut are ALSO thorns - more like round burrs but they can also do a number on your feet and Conrad when he is out in the yard.  The Goatheads, however, cause serious damage  and some are absolute monsters.  Did not worry about those Goatheads being in the right container. By the way, another name for those monsters are Bull Thorns.

Marvelous day today - did NOT break 90 - oh happy day. It was super good.

Honored Contributor

Barn Owl: Barn Owl

Winifred,   From the looks of those goathead stickers,  I'd guess they could cripple a bull or anything else not wearing boots.  I bet they could go through the bottom of most shoes.    I am glad you can get rid of them from your shoes with just a knife.

No thunder or rain here today, just hot and humid.  The new little Conure, already has a nickname from me,  Nipper!!  It bites and bites a lot harder than Frank did.  Conures have a bulkier beak than the Cockatiels.   Frank would ****** now and then but this critter hangs on.  I have a bite/bruise on my right index finger, right above the knuckle and a bite with a skin abrasion on the right ring finger.   I don't think Nipper is mean, just young and scared.   He/She did eat today and is getting used to its cage.   Not sure if it's a male or female yet.  I felt sorry for the little thing in the cage, and it saw me and wanted out so I got her out and got bitten.  I sat on the sofa with her for a while and she explored the cushions, my shirt, hair,  and I almost got a pierced ear.  I don't have much of an earlobe so have never had pierced ears for earrings.  Today I almost qualify for at least one earring.   I let Nipper climb onto one of my Birkenstock thongs and that's how I carried her back to the cage.  DDIL took her out of it later for a while.    She'll be spoiled like Frank was pretty soon.  I still miss Frank.  

Honored Contributor

"Check out my tail feathers!"  Owl, by Nik Borrow: "Check out my tail feathers!"  Owl, by Nik Borrow

Honored Contributor

Covered Bridge Photos Free: Covered Bridge Photos Free

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

:

Honored Contributor

Friends and Blessings's photo.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh