Respected Contributor

SAD AND YET SO KIND AND WONDERFUL

Today DH and I saw an elderly man carrying some take out food, trip in the street and fall flat on his face. His wife was with him and he was not moving at first and had blood running  out of his head or face. That's the awful sad part.

However, within seconds people came running over to help. Some were coming out of a store, some stopped their cars, some on bicycles, some came from their apartments and houses. One woman threw a clean towel from her window to help and a nurse quickly ran over.

All wanted to help if they could. A woman called 911 and stayed on the phone til the paramedics arrived. It was so very amazing and awe inspiring to see all these strangers run to help.It really gives me hope in these sorrowful days some times filled with tears.

The paramedics also gave us hope.

He was in good hands when we all finally left.

I only hope that the man will recover.

Trusted Contributor

Re: SAD AND YET SO KIND AND WONDERFUL

This human interest story gives hope that civility and caring can be exhibitied.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush 

Thank you for this thread, otherwise it is doubtful anyone would hear about this. All media sources are not interested in these types of stories. It doesn't sell what few newspapers that are left, nor encourage sponsors on most News Networks.

Like you, I believe that the majority in our country are good people. Unfortunately it is only the bad ones that seem to interest the media. Maybe some day that will change, but I think that will be a long time coming.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Flatbush  I'm so glad to read this.  It gives me hope that more would do this.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush   thank you for sharing such a sweet, heart warming story. We all need to read more stories like this not the negative ones. 

Honored Contributor

Flatbush, thank you so much for sharing this experience.  You have given us reason to have faith that compassion and care for one's fellow man still exists.

I hope the elderly man is doing well.

Honored Contributor

I believe in the goodness of humans....and watch limited news as the constant stream of negativity is not helpful.  

Honored Contributor

@Flatbush   I rarely watch the news or read our local paper anymore...mostly all bad news. This story was wonderful. It gives me a warm feeling knowing there are still good people.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I believe in the goodness of humans....and watch limited news as the constant stream of negativity is not helpful.  

Amen to that!

Super Contributor

I watch NY news daily and hear about all the awful things going on in the City and It makes me very angry.  Now I read your story and I have hope that the City I grew up in (Brooklyn) and still call home even though I live across the river in NJ, still has good people doing good things.  Too bad these stories rarely appear news worthy.  Thank you for this.