Occasional Contributor

I watched most of the presentation of this product today.  All the rep talked about was what was NOT in this product.  He said nothing about what WAS IN the product.  It was like he and the hosts were ignoring that topic.  We are smart shoppers on the Q...we usually don't buy anything without knowing what's in it.  By the time I got to my computer to look at the ingredients...they didn't even have it listed as being presented. This sounds fishy to me.  I will have to do some research. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Allulose is a naturally occurring sugar found in figs, raisins, wheat, maple syrup and molasses.  You can find allulose for sale online and in some retail stores.  Because it occurs naturally in very small amounts, the allulose you find packaged for sale isn't it's natural form.  It has been created by food scientists from fructose (fruit sugar).  Allulose is not absorbed into the body and therefore does not contribute to your daily caloric intake.

Allulose is approved by the FDA, which considers it "generally recognized as safe".  It's also approved in Japan, Mexico, Singapore and South Korea. For now allulose is considered a "novel food" which means it hasn't been available long enough for sufficient testing, according to many government's standards.

Pros

Low in calories

No effect on insulin

Doesn't cause tooth decay

Con

It can be pricey

Possible side effects, gassiness, bloating and queasiness.

The National Cancer Institute says research hasn't shown artificial sweeteners to cause cancer.  Allulose is pretty comparable to other sugar substitutes and are pretty similar nutritionally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the information I found and as a Type 2 Diabetic who has controlled this insidious disease for about 20 years, I will personally hold off using this new product until more information and research can be presented.  I am rarely first in line for any new product..... but that's just me.  Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Interested in this product. I would be interested in the granulated only. Don't use much sugar but would really like to remove all that I can. While watching the rerun this morning, host asked the vendor to explain it to us and when he was right in the middle of his explanation she interrupted and started eating a strawberry with cream cheese and the sugar, completely ruining his explanation! I'll be checking online about this product.

What would you like to know about it, @Carolina925 ?  Maybe I can help.  

Honored Contributor

@Jaylo54 wrote:

I watched most of the presentation of this product today.  All the rep talked about was what was NOT in this product.  He said nothing about what WAS IN the product.  It was like he and the hosts were ignoring that topic.  We are smart shoppers on the Q...we usually don't buy anything without knowing what's in it.  By the time I got to my computer to look at the ingredients...they didn't even have it listed as being presented. This sounds fishy to me.  I will have to do some research. Smiley Happy

@Jaylo54 The granulated is pure Allulose.  That's it.  DH got some to use in large batches of sweet tea, but he was not fond of it.  He likes the Monkfruit sweetener we got once at Costco better.  But Costco doesn't carry it, and the other Monkfruit sweetener we picked up at Kroger apparently has more erythritol in it which give him GI upset.  He was surprised whe I told him the one we got at Costco also had erythritol in it.  Pure monkfruit is more expensive, but you would use a lot less since it is so much sweeter.