Honored Contributor

Ring Doorbell Didn't stop the crime

[ Edited ]

Someone posted a Ring Doorbell video on our Nextdoor group of a lady calmly walking around their front yard stealing all their solar lights.  When she's done she's lit up like a Christmas tree walking back to her car which she had parked in their driveway.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ring Doorbell Didn't stop the crime

There is a segment of society that thinks they can do whatever they want with no repercussions.

Hopefully this person is identified and brought to justice.

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere there is a joke about masks waiting to be told....🤣

Respected Contributor

I see this all the time. My neighbors post pics of the crime, but few arrests seem to be made. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

That's just crazy!

What is wrong with some people?????

Just goes to show why I trust animals more than some people....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Cameras these days don't really deter the criminals as they are getting more brazen. We see videos all the time on our Ring app.  The cameras take the picture and hopefully the police can identify the criminal. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's supposed to stop crime, but rather tape it to identify the robber.  Or if you are near your phone and home, you can yell at the robber that you see them.

Honored Contributor

Anyone thinking that Ring Doorbell or any other security device stops home theft, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

The cameras and Ring doorbells don't catch criminals, they just sometimes deter them.  If you want to catch them you have to call the police.

Honored Contributor

The way to stop it is for citizens to speak up and let their city leaders understand that they depend on them to support local law enforcement and to let it be known through actions and words that crime will not be tolerated in this city.

That is the only way to stop it.  Don't tell us, tell your mayor and city council.