Respected Contributor

Review of Leg Master Machine

It arrived today - DH screwed in the two plugs, hardly any assembly very easy, lightweight - machine not me!

I have never been on exercise machine so DH supervising, me exercising.  I get on hanging on handles manage to work legs creating a bashing noise at end of each rep manage 4 reps!  DH laughing, dog terrified.

Get off and then read instructions - Ladies do this first.

Get back on, stand tall, try to control my legs so that they do not bash end of machine, this is the purpose - control - not hanging on handles - manage 3 reps.

Get off read reviews and watch video.  

Get back on DH gone to pub, dog in garden, just me, Leg Mastet and timer - all action now, got it down, manage 6 reps.  Got off had cuppa tea and cookie - feel good!

I do like this machine put my DD on it and we both agree it is harder than you think and you do feel it!  I am going to continue until I can do my 50 reps.  The premise is simple - I will master this.

f.y.i. I am not overweight, pear shaped but my only exercise is water aerobics but they are closed down now here in my area until March hence the Leg  master and I do walk dogs.  I think - as with all machines - you have to want to do it and keep at it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Leg Master Machine

Thanks for the review and the laughs. Sounds like it will be effective. 

Occasional Contributor

LOLWoman LOL on your review. You sounded just like me a month ago. I tried to do it while my family wasn't home because I was so noisy, hitting the foot pedals against the metal sides. Oh my! I thought a minute lasted forever. Now I'm doing ten minutes a day and have noticed my thighs are tight & great muscle tone. No weight loss but definitely a change in my figure for the good. Btw... I've learned how to slide quietly as well, so we can all be a"HAPPY" family.  Hang in there... Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Pamela330   Wow you really encouraged me thank you sounds like you are doing great!  I am not in it for weight loss but like you need to keep some muscle tone, again thanks.

Occasional Contributor

You're welcome. I have purchased several pieces of exercise equipment over the years but this is the only machine I've ever used, that actually showed results in such a short period of time on faithful use. It sure does hurt for the first week or two but now I'm so use to it. I even challenged my 16 & 18 year niece's to out do me. They gave up before the minute. Woman LOL   Please keep us updated on your success!!!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  thanks for the review....the cookie and and tea, ha, ha, that woudl be me, execpt for the tea, I am a big coffee drinker.

I wanted to purchase the machine when it was a TSV but did not....I am still thinking about it.  

My thighs are my trouble spot, I do have a recumbent bike that I use but it is  a tad boring to use all the time.  Enjoy!

Contributor

I bought it too and did it for the first time last night, only 20 reps but this morning, I did it for a minute and it gets much harder at that point! I found it much easier this morning to control it so no banging! I used to do aerobics but I'm at an age now that I don't think that's good for joints.  Looking forward to seeing how this works for me.  Definitely targets a problem area of the body for me.

P.S. I was very surprised how fast it arrived...lately most items take way too long.

Respected Contributor

@PH58   I agree my delivery was ultra fast!

Got on this a.m. handled  it better - I think - managed a full minute which is how instructions say you should start - lost count of reps - but will have another go tonight.  Not so much banging controlling legs better!

Trusted Contributor

Holy cow, @Pamela330 , are you doing those ten minutes all at one time, or broken up throughout the day?  If you say they are all at once, I will cry. 😭

I don't know if I'll ever get past a minute at a time.  😅

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

It arrived today - DH screwed in the two plugs, hardly any assembly very easy, lightweight - machine not me!

I have never been on exercise machine so DH supervising, me exercising.  I get on hanging on handles manage to work legs creating a bashing noise at end of each rep manage 4 reps!  DH laughing, dog terrified.

Get off and then read instructions - Ladies do this first.

Get back on, stand tall, try to control my legs so that they do not bash end of machine, this is the purpose - control - not hanging on handles - manage 3 reps.

Get off read reviews and watch video.  

Get back on DH gone to pub, dog in garden, just me, Leg Mastet and timer - all action now, got it down, manage 6 reps.  Got off had cuppa tea and cookie - feel good!

I do like this machine put my DD on it and we both agree it is harder than you think and you do feel it!  I am going to continue until I can do my 50 reps.  The premise is simple - I will master this.

f.y.i. I am not overweight, pear shaped but my only exercise is water aerobics but they are closed down now here in my area until March hence the Leg  master and I do walk dogs.  I think - as with all machines - you have to want to do it and keep at it.  

Do you think it is hard on your knees?I really want one but I have been having pain in my left knee.You sound like you are enjoying your purchase so far.I know you will master it but just go slow so you build strength and watch your form...most important.