Honored Contributor

Re: Reusable Bamboo Paper Towels..do you use them?

I use cotton kitchen towels which I, of course machine wash, that go on for years and years.  I rarely use paper towels so one roll lasts me a year or longer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Or you can buy dish cloths/bar rags and just wash them up.  Show them who is boss with a sanitary cycle 😀

Exactly what I do @Still Raining.  Bar rags are my favorite. I also bought

25 Premium 12" x 12" Microfiber Cleaning Towels By Campanelli  V37092 for $20  Nice size and go into washer and dryer.  

@mspatmac 

Isn't microfiber nice for glass too?

@Still Raining  Yes

Super Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Or you can buy dish cloths/bar rags and just wash them up.  Show them who is boss with a sanitary cycle 😀

Exactly what I do @Still Raining.  Bar rags are my favorite. I also bought

25 Premium 12" x 12" Microfiber Cleaning Towels By Campanelli  V37092 for $20  Nice size and go into washer and dryer.  

Thanks @mspatmac!

Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I bought face clothes just for this use !  I also use any T-Towels that become stained or faded from washing.

I only use white towels in the bath room so these get bleached on a regular basis. 

I have not bought paper towels in years but napkins are another story.  

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, I keep a couple rolls of TP under my sink.  Use them to wipe up small spills and drips on kitchen floor or counter.

I also use paper towels, cut in half with a clean 'kitchen' saw.

Electricity is expensive around here, so I'm not a fan of using washer and dryer for kitchen towels.

Bath towels, yes.  I don't like to mix kitchen towels with bath towels or clothing in the washer.  My quirk. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

If you wash them,then why not use cheap  dish towels,or microfiber cloths?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I purchased bamboo paper towels from Costco about a month ago. Thought they would be nice, but I found them to lack in tactile sensation. I thought they would be softer to the touch. I am eager to go thru them and not purchase again. Smiley Sad

My husband bought those even though I already had a giant package of regular paper towels sitting in the garage because that was the only way I could get them at the grocery store at the time.  I really only wanted a 2 pk.  I think he thought they might be stronger considering they were made from bamboo, the bane of my existence in the yard.  He said they fell apart, not nearly as strong as the Bounty I get.

If I have a lot of cleaning to do I actually prefer those blue shop rags.  They really hold up.