Honored Contributor

Reusable Bamboo Paper Towels..do you use them?

I am on the fence about buying some of these to use like I use paper towels...you can reuse them over and over again...even wash in the washer. Some people say they reuse one piece up to 85 times!  I like that idea!

I use a lot of regular paper towels, and would still use them, but, opefully a lot less of them. The bamboo ones I hope would cut back  on my usage....less environmental waste which I like the idea of.  And maybe save money in the long run, but that is really not my reason for switching. 

if you all say yes to them, I can add them to my Amazon subscription!

Honored Contributor

Re: Reusable Bamboo Paper Towels..do you use them?

We reuse regular old paper towels. After we wash and dry our hands there is a container (plastic) that we put them in. We use these towels for splils,spots and the like and then burn them w/ our burnable trash.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I use and really like them.  I am a spiller so it is great to clean up spills and not have to throw paper towels out.  I like to use them to wipe down my sink in the bathroom also.  I use them to put cookies on to cool before packing them at Christmas time since I make so many and then can wash and use rather than go through so many rolls of paper towels.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I thought we were the only ones who do that. Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No I don't see the point of this.  I use regular kitchen towels (tea towels, hand towels) and wash and reuse them.  I have lots and it is is easy to launder them.  I use several a day for drying hands, veggies, drying a dish or utensil, cleaning a spill that is not icky or greasy.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the replys.  I am still on the fence about it. So I will let this "simmer" on the back burner for a bit before I dive inWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

I purchased bamboo paper towels from Costco about a month ago. Thought they would be nice, but I found them to lack in tactile sensation. I thought they would be softer to the touch. I am eager to go thru them and not purchase again. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Or you can buy dish cloths/bar rags and just wash them up.  Show them who is boss with a sanitary cycle 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Or you can buy dish cloths/bar rags and just wash them up.  Show them who is boss with a sanitary cycle 😀

Exactly what I do @Still Raining.  Bar rags are my favorite. I also bought

25 Premium 12" x 12" Microfiber Cleaning Towels By Campanelli  V37092 for $20  Nice size and go into washer and dryer.  
Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Exactly what I do @Still Raining.  Bar rags are my favorite. I also bought

25 Premium 12" x 12" Microfiber Cleaning Towels By Campanelli  V37092 for $20  Nice size and go into washer and dryer.  

@mspatmac 

Isn't microfiber nice for glass too?