Honored Contributor

Re: Responses that make you feel better or worse...

I like to loudly yell at the t.v. and say "Idiot" numerous news times.  LOL  Then I feel better.  

Valued Contributor

to the op: you don't HAVE to read things that will bother you. Just skip right over 'em.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Othereeeen 

I know exactly what you're going through.  I had a friend that I could barely get a word in during a phone conversation.  I'd hang up and think "I wanted to share or ask something".  The friendship eventually deteriorated.

unfortunately you can't do that with relatives...well, you CAN but there'll be hell to pay. Ask me how I know ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

I am one of those people going through some horrible family problems. Maybe I've grown thick-skinned but I'm OK with hearing from people who may be having few or no problems but show empathy and take the time to reply. It may seem hurtful to read about someone else's joy when you're experiencing such sorrow but to me, at least, the recognition of someone else's pain is well-appreciated.

Valued Contributor

I very much agree with you, OP, but I take what the braggers say with a grain of salt. I don’t believe half their lives and marriages, etc., are as great as they make them sound.