Super Contributor

Requests for product/vender reviews.

This has gotten very old.  Used to be you bought something and it was a business transaction.  Now, it seems to be a lifetime personal commitment.  Amazon is the worst offender.  Frequently, the somewhat pitiful requests are in a strange variation of English. They include personal details I don't care to know, even if they are true (and how is one to know this?)   Anyone else bothered by an email box filled with these computer generated whiney pleas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Requests for product/vender reviews.

@excpa wrote:

This has gotten very old.  Used to be you bought something and it was a business transaction.  Now, it seems to be a lifetime personal commitment.  Amazon is the worst offender.  Frequently, the somewhat pitiful requests are in a strange variation of English. They include personal details I don't care to know, even if they are true (and how is one to know this?)   Anyone else bothered by an email box filled with these computer generated whiney pleas?

@excpa

Not me. In fact I like getting e-mails from Amazon as they are on the very top of my vendor list. Many of the flyers they send me are things I considered buying, but their notices save me many times are 50% off.

Not the least bit difficult to delete many at a time and empty the trash. Just spoke with a rep today who fixed an order my wife made. She made a mistake with the order? The rep not only fixed the problem, but also knocked 20% off the price, and up the delivery by 2 days.

Hard to have a problem when treated that way.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

This does not sound legit to me. Have you answered any of these requests? The requests from Amazon are brief and professional. I think you are being scammed! I'd bloc all of those from now on!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I try to give reviews when I can, because Amazon reviews have bee extremely helpful to me. If I fee strongly one way or the other, I make time to give a review.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I've noticed they've been pretty aggressive with their requests.  If I ignore them, they send it again.  I understand the reason for reviews, but I can't review the product when I just got it yesterday and haven't used it.  Sometimes I've responded that I haven't used it yet, but assume it works well.  What can you say about scotch tape?  It stuck like it should have.

Honored Contributor

I buy from Amazon 2-3 times a week but never get requests for reviews, although I've written quite a few.  It's eBay that harasses me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They all seem to be doing this now...J C Penneys...Kohls...Amazon...QVC...

When I buy something in the store the Clerk wants me to fill out a survey on how my buying experience was and circles the site to take it on my receipt.....

Honored Contributor

I buy from Amazon every week, often multiple times a week and yes, I do get emails requesting a review of a product.  The emails are very professional and clear about and not thereatening or confusing.  I don't do product reviews, I just ignore them.  The Amazon Police have never come knocking on my door...lol