Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting prayer. Tragedy in our family today.

Dearest Jubilant: Praying here too. I am also concerned about your Mom as she herself has been through so much lately Unfortunately life never stays the same; no one knows what tomorrow will bring but in spite of it all, your trust in God never wavers...you are such an inspiration to me.Praying that He will wrap His loving arms around eacfh of you and give you the comfort and peace you need during this very stressful time.  More later.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

Thank you all again for your prayers.  My sister is doing fairly well. She seems to want to keep very busy right now.  There is a memorial planned for next Saturday.   I am going through pictures to add to the picture table.  I found one of me holding  my nephew when he was about 4 months old.  I have more pictures to go through. This will be a day of weeping, I think.  It's good to get it out at times.  All your thoughts and prayers give us strength and comfort.  Your support has been far greater than we could ever imagine.  

@jubilant 

​            Dear (((Jubilant))),  You and your family have been in my prayers and in my heart since I first read and posted on this thread.    You've been an inspiration to me and to others over the years, and your strength and faith have been and will be a blessing to your family.    Speaking as a person who has survived my attempts and also someone who lost two close friends to suicide, this is inextricably woven into my life, often close to the surface so it's not easy to talk about.
​            Something I've posted on the forums before and now want to suggest is this:   by Norman Vincent Peale, the chapter entitled "When Someone Takes His Own Life" from his book “The Healing of Sorrow.”    I think you understand we can't post it in full here.    Also I want to take care and be mindful of hyperlinks.   So, this link is not "clickable" but you can copy and paste it --  auburnsos.com/uploads/9/9/7/5/99758262/excerpt_from_norman_vincent_peale.pdf  -- or just find some of the more complete excerpts with online searches for the title.
​            My love and gratitude to all who courageously share their experiences -- those things we often hold silent, uncertain if it's okay to take a risk and bare our soul and our vulnerabilities in such a public way...  you are a beacon of light and you offer a cloak of safety, benevolence, hope, and grace to others in ways you may never know.  
            “I wish I could show you, when you are lonely or in the darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” (Hafiz)❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Dearest Jubilant: Praying here too. I am also concerned about your Mom as she herself has been through so much lately Unfortunately life never stays the same; no one knows what tomorrow will bring but in spite of it all, your trust in God never wavers...you are such an inspiration to me.Praying that He will wrap His loving arms around eacfh of you and give you the comfort and peace you need during this very stressful time.  More later.

*************  Since Mom's aspiration pneumonia and internal bleeders a few months ago plus her carotid artery surgery just weeks ago, she has lost some strength but otherwise is doing  better than most of us....especially for her age.  She still remains on a mechanical soft diet and has to have all beverages thickened.  She doesn't complain.  We are keeping a very close eye on her.  She believes her grandson is with Grandpa (my Dad) now.  They had a very close relationship. Thank you for your kind words and all your support. Mom continues to pray for your son....in fact....she prays for many of the peoples names I give here from on these boards.  Every once in a while she asks me how they seem to be doing! Prayer is a big thing in Mom's life.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant I have been so sad for you and your family as I read through this thread.  You sound like a wonderful and close family, with beautiful and strong faith.  I'm sure God is holding your nephew close to His heart, and I will pray for you and your family for continued peace and healing.  🙏🌷

Honored Contributor

Re: R@equesting prayer. Tragedy in our family today.

@MalteseMomma how lucky you got that message. Just think how differently things could have turned out - especially for the grieving family left behind. 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

I very much appreciate your willingness to share your experiences with others.  Knowing you like I have come to know you on these boards has been very encouraging to me and so many others.  You reach out to others in such a way that shows what an accepting and generous person you are. That is a gift God has given you.

I like Norman Vincent Peale...ever since I read one of his books.  The two you have mentioned here, I have not read but I am anxious to get them.  I will copy your link.  Thank you for that!  

I did question my faith at one time in my life and moved away from it.  I came back to it and am so glad I did. Like many others here, I have had my share of trauma in this life and I am very aware what gets me through it all.  I don't feel I would still be here if it weren't for my faith and the love of God.  I feel it so deeply.

Thank you for just being you!  What you have overcome is a real encouragement to me and I'm sure to many others.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

I read that pdf by Norman Vincent Peale you mentioned.  It was fantastic.  I will give it to my sister.  Anyone here who has gone through this, please read it.  It's so good and I think could help a lot of people.

Thank you, dooBdoo!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@dooBdoo 

I very much appreciate your willingness to share your experiences with others.  Knowing you like I have come to know you on these boards has been very encouraging to me and so many others.  You reach out to others in such a way that shows what an accepting and generous person you are. That is a gift God has given you.

I like Norman Vincent Peale...ever since I read one of his books.  The two you have mentioned here, I have not read but I am anxious to get them.  I will copy your link.  Thank you for that!  

I did question my faith at one time in my life and moved away from it.  I came back to it and am so glad I did. Like many others here, I have had my share of trauma in this life and I am very aware what gets me through it all.  I don't feel I would still be here if it weren't for my faith and the love of God.  I feel it so deeply.

Thank you for just being you!  What you have overcome is a real encouragement to me and I'm sure to many others.

@jubilant,  Thank you for this lovely post.   You touch my heart, profoundly.   I grew up in a family that instilled a strong faith, but I, too, moved away from it -- as I was getting older, I saw so many who could recite words but whose lives didn't match "the talk," and that was confusing, discouraging, and pushed me away.   Then, I was fortunate to cross paths with a young woman who quietly went about her days with a glow and a radiance, kindness, mindfulness, and thoughtfulness, that made me want to know the source...  drew me to that way of going through life...  and discovered the source was was a deep abiding faith, the very same one that I had lost.    A friend who is a minister says, as a gentle reminder, "what if the way we live, the way we treat others, the way we move through the world, is the only "scripture" or testimony others see?"   I think about that often, and though I often fail I aspire to be better and do better.   People like you keep me going.   So, thank you for being you!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@dooBdoo 

I read that pdf by Norman Vincent Peale you mentioned.  It was fantastic.  I will give it to my sister.  Anyone here who has gone through this, please read it.  It's so good and I think could help a lot of people.

Thank you, dooBdoo!

You're welcome, @jubilant.   I'm so very glad it was helpful.❤️