Honored Contributor

Requesting prayer. Tragedy in our family today.

My sister called me just a few hours ago.  Her son committed suicide today.  She is in need of your prayers. I am concerned about my mother, too.  This was her first born grandchild.  She will take it hard.  She is quite elderly and doesn't know yet.  Being Christmas, she had a big day yesterday and today so she went to bed early. We will be telling her tomorrow morning.  We would greatly appreciate your prayers. My heart is breaking for my sister.

Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting prayer. Tragedy in our family today.

@jubilant   Oh my heart cries for you and your sister what a terrible tragedy for you all.  I can appreciate how your Mother will feel - such a loss to you all.  Sending prayers and hugs to you all at this sad time.  So very sorry.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant...I am so very sorry. My son committed suicide as well. There are really no words to explain the pain you and your loved ones are dealing with. (((Hugs))).

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

My sister called me just a few hours ago.  Her son committed suicide today.  She is in need of your prayers. I am concerned about my mother, too.  This was her first born grandchild.  She will take it hard.  She is quite elderly and doesn't know yet.  Being Christmas, she had a big day yesterday and today so she went to bed early. We will be telling her tomorrow morning.  We would greatly appreciate your prayers. My heart is breaking for my sister.

How horribly sad!  I will certainly pray for peace and comfort for all of you!  

Ironic that my DS told me just today about a HS classmate that took his own life.  My heart aches for your sister.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss in your family.  What a tragedy for all of you.  Prayers being offered.

Super Contributor

I am so very sad for your whole family. Prayers to you.

Valued Contributor

Dear @jubilant  I am praying for you and your family. Such heartbreaking news to bear.  I am so very sorry for the loss of your nephew. I pray your family has moments of comfort and peace among the pain of your loss. 

2016cebf97414815b5661b6f48217192.jpg

Valued Contributor

I, too, know this pain. My son was 21. 

It is an unfathomable loss.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

FYI I attend a grief meeting called The Compassionate Friends. It was for parents who have lost a child ( any age). Meetings throughout the world. Google it. It was very beneficial for me.

Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry.  Of course I will pray.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry for this tragedy in your family.  Certainly I will send up prayers for your sister and your mother.