Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Reminder - Tomorrow (Nov.11) is Veteran's Day!

[ Edited ]

Be sure and thank a Veteran for her or his service tomorrow. 😊.....or any day, of course!

Honored Contributor

Re: Reminder - Tomorrow is Veteran's Day!

Yes it is and here are some of the things that are free or discounted for military or veterans.  

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/11/10/veterans-day-deals-and-freebies/93552734/

Respected Contributor

Of course I remember 11/11 when it was Armistice Day. At 11 AM people celebrated the end of WW1, the "war to end all wars"as they thought it was. DH served in the Army, before we met. He was talking about looking for his discharge document to get a treat tomorrow. We'll see.

Respected Contributor

Thank you to veterans everywhere for your service and sacrifice.  God Bless!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Reminder - Tomorrow (Nov.11) is Veteran's Day!

http://www.gifs.cc/veterans-day.html

Esteemed Contributor

A few minutes after midnight I sent off three e-mails thanking the  three Veterans I know....

Honored Contributor

My son and several of his best friends are veterans.  My son is still in the Army and it scares the heck out of me given recent events.  He's a Paratrooper, Ranger, Dog handler,  leader of Dog units, special ops, and Captain who is now training new officers and potential Rangers.  

My son lost 3 very close friends in these last 2 wars....2 in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan.  In addition, on his last tour (Afghanistan), one of his own soldiers was killed and he stills suffers from this loss.  He personally knew several others who died too.

We need to pray for all military.  We'll likely be in another boots-on-the-ground war soon and they will suffer immensely.  I hate the thought of one of our soldiers being captured by ISIS or Iran. Perhaps if politicians had to send one of their own to war first, we'd be in fewer wars.

Esteemed Contributor

THANKS to all who served our country, who sacraficed so much to preserve our freedom.  

images (3).jpg

Regular Contributor

If I may...

I would just like to add to the Veterans Day thoughts. Although this day was originally intended for the military, there are many others who have devoted their lives in service of our country. In my field (intelligence community) we don't have a day of thanks but so many of us have given all we can and still do to protect our country. I myself will have completed my 21st year in intel on the 26th of November. Some of that was military (10 years) but most was not. We serve this country too so please say a silent thanks to the unnamed who you will probably never know or hear about. Those who are only remembered as stars on a wall.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@JB116 wrote:

If I may...

I would just like to add to the Veterans Day thoughts. Although this day was originally intended for the military, there are many others who have devoted their lives in service of our country. In my field (intelligence community) we don't have a day of thanks but so many of us have given all we can and still do to protect our country. I myself will have completed my 21st year in intel on the 26th of November. Some of that was military (10 years) but most was not. We serve this country too so please say a silent thanks to the unnamed who you will probably never know or hear about. Those who are only remembered as stars on a wall.

Thank you.

@JB116 thank you for your service.  My husband is in intel as well.