Honored Contributor

Remember When Spoons Tasted Like Wood?

Honored Contributor

Re: Remember When Spoons Tasted Like Wood?

Absolutely!  I still cook with wooden spoons at times, I also have antique spoons.

Honored Contributor

They were certainly more environmentally friendly than the proliferation of plastic.  Maybe they'll make a comeback!

Esteemed Contributor

Hope those spoons do make a comeback. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   I remember what we used to call DIXIE CUPS with ice cream...sometimes fudge on top. Not a big sweets eater now,but sure loved that cup of ice cream whenI was little.

Thanks for the pleasant memories.

Respected Contributor

Oh, YES!  We had Hoodsie cups in waxed cardboard cups that came with a little wooden spoon like the one in the picture.  If you didn't eat it with a wooden spoon it was just a cup of icecream.  The wooden spoon is Key to the Hoodsie cup experiance!

Honored Contributor

In the small town where I grew up, there is a store there that has an ice cream chest with sliding doors that you reach in and grab your frozen treat.  If you get a small frozen cup of whatever it is, they still have the little wooden "spoons" to go with.  I remember that my niece when she was little would get such a kick out of eating our special treats with those!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Frosty Malts!!!!! Oh that glorious little spoon, just a hint of wood taste covered in that chocolately creaminess...

Trusted Contributor

Remember those days so well.  Things were much simpler then.

Respected Contributor

They really did taste like wood.  I tried not to use my teeth on them!  Was a little like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  But I sure ate the ice cream. Cat Very Happy