Honored Contributor

@software...thanks for the cute photo....I like doing things like that. I once turned an old gun cabinet in to a bedroom 'storage cupboard' for my step dh...she and her ex fought over it when they were dividing up belongings!!

To bad we are not allowed to 'contact' each other on a more personal basis, we might end up being friends, and we could 'share' the coffee cake I made this morning.

Have a good day

Trusted Contributor

Wow.  I'm so grateful for all of your responses.  I just got home from running errands and couldn't wait to get to the computer to read them.

For those of you that mentioned you printed out my story, THANK YOU!  What an honor to have you do that!  I am truly grateful for all of you.  Yes, @Mom2Dogs ~ it would be so nice if we could all meet and enjoy coffee and conversation together.  This board has showed me there are good people in this world ~ we just need to find them in our journeys!

Honored Contributor

I think you are sharing your story because you are proud of yourself.  And you should be! I wouldn't call it a mid life "crisis" because only good has come of it.  I'd call it coming into your own.  I have reinvented myself twice in my life.  I remember I began with one area of my life than needed changes and that led to changes in other areas and eventually; everything changed for the better.  Physically, emotionally, mentally, socially.  My bff says that I became the person I was meant to be.  It's an inspiration to other women.  Change is good thing.   

Honored Contributor

@Julie928  My goodness, you are a young person and should not consider yourself middle aged. A young person does want to maintain a healthy weight and look good. Of course you should do the things and go places you want to . That being said, as a person who has been there and done that, peace of mind is really what will sustain you through the ageing process. It's very hard to avoid negativity in life, it is what it is. It's how you choose to deal with it instead of running away from it. You can't control what other people think, say or feel, so don't let it affect you.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Julie928  I'm so happy for you! Keep it up.  Don't stop!

Last year I lost 20#, down to 115.  I felt fabulous. I gained 10 back, now I'm miserable. Yet still can't get myself to workout.  I turned 59 in April.

@Mary Bailey

I  could have written your post. I'm in the same boat.  Just can't seem to get motivated but the OP's post is inspirational. 

Honored Contributor

@Julie928.  Happy Birthday!🎊🎁🎂 

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928, thank you for sharing your inspiring story! I'm glad things are going good for you! Kind of helps me get out of my funk by reading it.

I hope you have a great time looking at cabins and find one that fits you to a T!I wish I had the guts to do something like that, lol.