Honored Contributor

Re: ? Regarding Walgreens and AARP Discounts

@Shelbelle wrote:

Walgreens is way overpriced. 20% off their regular prices does not amount to much of a savings. Go to Walmart or Target.

@Shelbelle  That's what I just said above.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I can guess what the answer will be....but I'll ask anyway.  Does this include prescriptions?

Contributor

You guessed it! Prescriptions not included in senior discount.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi

@Desertdi wrote:

Walgreens is a royal pain........you have to DEMAND your senior discount.   They just don't give it to you automatically...........      I missed out for 5 years because I didn't even know it was available.    Frankly, they are "last" on my list of drugstores..............

I think it's a shame, also that they don't really advertise it (at least I've never seen it), or let you know.  I came across this by accident just about 2 months ago.  Like you, I could have been getting this for some time!!  I think the stores that offer a discount to seniors should post a sign.  I mean, really, we should get something for being old!!!!!  LOL! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Every  week the walgreen's weekly ads is delivered to my mailbox inside a local newspaper.  The ad runs from Sunday to Saturday and whenever the first tuesday of the month arrives, there is a notice of senior day in the circular.

Same thing with rite aid...first wednesday of the month is senior day and it's in the circular.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Walgreens is a royal pain........you have to DEMAND your senior discount.   They just don't give it to you automatically...........      I missed out for 5 years because I didn't even know it was available.    Frankly, they are "last" on my list of drugstores..............

They normally have the highest prices on just about everything so I don't see where 20% is signifcant.  I'd rather just shop somewhere more pleasant and pay less to begin with.  They are last on my list of any stores.

I don't know anything about their senior discounts but they really do have high prices.

You can get their Walgreens brand merchandise on drugstore dot com for lower prices btw.

Frequent Contributor

I like Walgreens. Like everywhere you have to price compare. I don't think most places give good notice of all the discounts, we have to research on our own.

*rememberance of my little sister. i miss you*