Honored Contributor

Re: Rather Pleasant Booster Shot Today!

Got my booster already, tomorrow I get the flu shot.  They're out of the "65" like I got last year.  Oh well, the other I use to get.  Haven't had flu in a long time.  Time to be a pin cushion again, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@ECBG Does Walgreens require your insurance card for giving you the booster? I got my vaccination from the city officials and, at one time, I heard of some places (businesses, not health depts) requiring your card and then charging your insurance for administering the shot. I do not like that. It is not supposed to cost us when we get it. What can you tell me about how this works at walgreens?

If you have insurance they can put it through.  If you don't have insurance they cannot turn you away from getting the booster.

They are accepting whatever the insurance company allows and do not charge you any more than what they were paid so it's not costing you/us anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine is scheduled for November 22nd. I could have went sooner to a large auditorium, but opted for a small pharmacy with limited scheduling options.

Super Contributor

Getting my Moderna Booster soon too.  Have to work around my work schedule.  Have 3 people in my office who have not been vaccinated.  It's so unnerving.  One of them is on a vacation in Mexico and coming back to the office next week.  I want to avoid her at all costs. 

The ones that aren't vaccinated never wear their masks correctly either. 

Got my flu shot about 3 weeks ago, so my pin cushion arm is ready!  I am 60 but work with the public, so I hope I'll be able to get one at Walgreens.  Others have said they don't say anything if you're not the right age.

They have to keep the booster separate from the 1st & 2nd Moderna shots as it's a different dosage.   I will make sure they give me the booster dosage when I go.