Honored Contributor

Rather Pleasant Booster Shot Today!

I wanted to get my moderna booster shot and the nearby Walgreens Drugstore was offering appointments.

Scheduling on line was ultra easy.

Only 3 people were present at a time, maybe 4 as we all had appointments.

I was called into the private area before I could pull anything up on my cell.

I got a painless shot and a $5.00 coupon for the store! (for next time they forgot to tell me).

Waited 10 minutes and done!  Whoopie!!!

I love how Walgreens handled this!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rather Pleasant Booster Shot Today!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I wanted to get my moderna booster shot and the nearby Walgreens Drugstore was offering appointments.

Scheduling on line was ultra easy.

Only 3 people were present at a time, maybe 4 as we all had appointments.

I was called into the private area before I could pull anything up on my cell.

I got a painless shot and a $5.00 coupon for the store! (for next time they forgot to tell me).

Waited 10 minutes and done!  Whoopie!!!

I love how Walgreens handled this!!!

I had the identical experience at Walgreens near me in NYC just a couple of weeks ago. Easy to make an appointment for the Moderna booster online and when I got there everything was handled with dispatch and efficiency. I already had the paperwork filled out and printed, so I helped myself save time that way.  
Received a painless shot by an expert pharmacist, and I was out in just a few minutes.  My CDC card was updated to show the booster was administered.

Minimal side effects. I'm so glad I did it. Walgreens seems to really know how to handle the whole process.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG Does Walgreens require your insurance card for giving you the booster? I got my vaccination from the city officials and, at one time, I heard of some places (businesses, not health depts) requiring your card and then charging your insurance for administering the shot. I do not like that. It is not supposed to cost us when we get it. What can you tell me about how this works at walgreens?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Congratulations on getting your vaccine!  I scheduled my Moderna booster online at a midwest grocery store chain. The process was the same as Walgreens. Easy peasy.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@ECBG Does Walgreens require your insurance card for giving you the booster? I got my vaccination from the city officials and, at one time, I heard of some places (businesses, not health depts) requiring your card and then charging your insurance for administering the shot. I do not like that. It is not supposed to cost us when we get it. What can you tell me about how this works at walgreens?

If you were charged I'd start by reporting the infraction to your local board of health.

We were asked for our insurance cards for statistical and record keeping purposes, NO CHARGE.

Honored Contributor

Although I didn't get a coupon with my booster at Publix, I was totally pleased with the scheduling and the ease at the time of the shot when I was first in line.  Two seconds to show my ID and as I slid into the seat, the pharmacist was ready with the cleansing swipe!  All over in less than another minute plus a few minutes of wait. 

Behind me were 2 who actually had booked appointments for an hour and a half later than mine, but Publix had called and told them to come any time.  

(I did get a CVS $5 coupon when I had my flu shot -  requires I spend at least $20 to use it and since their coupons are never good on sale items, I may save more waiting for what I want to be on sale.  Some "free" money is worse than EZP, imo.)

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

She just asked to see my Medicare card.  I know the shot is no chg., but the alcohol wipe, gloves, and syringe aren't free to the locations hosting us.

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361 : If you fill prescriptions at Walgreens they have your insurance information on file so you don't have to show your card. I had all 3 shots at Walgreens and they are very good about it. In fact, I have all my vaccines done there. 

Honored Contributor

I had a booster shot at least 3 weeks ago.

The first two..nothing.  I couldn't even remember whicharm I got them in.

However, the third booster I had a slight reaction.  Not really sick but just felt bla.

I stayed in and mostly laid down watching TV.

By the next day I was up and felt fine.

My Dr said it was probably my body reacting some way to my IGG problem.

I'm way past due for an infusion.  I don't want to get it and am holding out.  Fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

We got our Moderna and flu shot both today.  The only negative was filling out two pages of info.  Our first shots were through the health dept., these were at our small local pharmacy.  I've forgotten all about them.