Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rant - technology is not going to go away.

To each their own on this topic but unless you try someting how do you know if it works for you or not?  How many times have we said to our kids when we served something new for dinner, just try it, you just may like it.  I'm willing to try new things and decide for myself.  Have to use my phone now to turn on the lights in the house, it's getting dark.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know someone who had bought a one-time-use camera (it uses film) to take pics on their vacation. I didn't even know they still made those.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower 

I'm with you.. I didn't know you could still buy those cameras!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

People are different and I don't think age has much to do with it.  Some people embrace technology and some don't.  I think some people are intimidated by it and others have philosophical issues with it.  I think I'm somewehre in between.  I'm 57 and I have been using computers at work for 25 years.  I never had any problems using them.  But I resisted using a laptop at home for too long.  I always said I didn't "need" one.  I also resisted having a smart phone for far too long.  I had a tablet and I thought that was all I  needed, I didn't need a Smart Phone.  Mechanical things have always been a challenge for me nd that carried over.  But there came a time when I began to feel like dinosaur and I had to acknowledge that while I didn't "need" some things, they sure did enhance my life.  I do not jump on every technology bandwagon,  I do not embrace everything.  But now I have an open mind.

Frequent Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

To each their own on this topic but unless you try someting how do you know if it works for you or not?  How many times have we said to our kids when we served something new for dinner, just try it, you just may like it.  I'm willing to try new things and decide for myself.  Have to use my phone now to turn on the lights in the house, it's getting dark.  LOL

I agree @mspatmac !

Frequent Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well...........I have to say...........that cars drive me NUTZ.  I do not need a bank of gauges on the dash giving me all kinds of technical info.    I'm driving to Walmart.........not on a spaceship to Mars...........

Lol! @Desertdi !

Frequent Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I love learning new things and I hope that never changes to the day I die.

Me too @bikerbabe !

Frequent Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

My MIL passed away last year at 90 years old.  She always had the latest and greatest computer and cell phone. She paid her bills and did her banking online until she was 88, then asked my husband to do it because she was afraid that she would make a mistake.  When we would marvel at her being so tech savvy, she would say,

"I don't want the world to pass me by."

She learned by asking a friend of a neighbor for help if she couldn't figure things out on her own.

Great philosophy @mac116. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Years ago, when the computer world was just in its infancy, my dad retired (he was about 75). Instead of sitting around doing nothing, he enrolled himself in computer classes. He learned how to use a computer when all of his buddies were just living the retired life. Right on Pop! 

Very cool @ID2 !  Right on Pop! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@izziebee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Well...........I have to say...........that cars drive me NUTZ.  I do not need a bank of gauges on the dash giving me all kinds of technical info.    I'm driving to Walmart.........not on a spaceship to Mars...........

Lol! @Desertdi !

@izziebee   REALLY...........I don't care about the ratio of air to gasoline in my fuel injector........(!!!!)    

♥Surface of the Sun♥