Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

From the title, you can guess this is my least favorite season...heat, humidity, sunburn and nothing to wear except “nothing” to keep cool.

I’m waiting impatiently for the fall leaves. Anyone else?

I am with you.... I wish fall would last longer. And you forgot the bugs.. leave us not forget the bugs. I do not know how  people can stand living in this heat all year around. The sun gives you wrinkles and skin cancer. But, some people seem to forget that. Woman Surprised

@apple1964   High spf & I haven’t been to the beach for years. I do go to the pool w/ the granddaughters w/ wide brimmed hat and under an umbrella.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

From the title, you can guess this is my least favorite season...heat, humidity, sunburn and nothing to wear except “nothing” to keep cool.

Me too!  I hate the humidity and the summers in the Southeast.  I want to smell fall in the air!

@GSPgirl ....and in the dead of winter, sleep w/ my windows opened! Ah!!!

Yes!  

Honored Contributor

I love summer.  I am in the PNW and the high today is 77 and there is no humidity.  The flowers are beautiful.  

Respected Contributor

Not crazy about the humidity (My Hair!), but I'll take it over the awful winters we have. 

Valued Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@Shanus

I agree with you.  I am tired of the extreme heat and humidity as well as the thunderstorms and torrential rains that have caused a lot of flooding this summer.   My favorite season is the fall ... bring it on.  Smiley Happy

I agree too.  Love your screen pic.  Piglet is my favorite.  He's such a sweet soul!

Super Contributor

Re: REALLY TIRED OF SUMMER

[ Edited ]

I love summer!  I'm happy for it to last as long as possible.  I am not a fall fan because I know winter is right around the corner.  I also do not like the leaves falling and everything dying until spring.  

Spring is my favorite season by far!  

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Winter has been proven to be a very depressing part of the year for most people (unless you live in places like Fl,  Tx,  Az, or Ca (unless you want to have snow)).   I live in MD and people where I work get the SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) lights in their cubes.  Same with other parts of the country. 

Alot of the further north states like Maine or MN that have horrible weather have huge alcohol problems in the late fall and winter because people get depressed due to the lack of sun.

I'd rather take late spring to early fall where it is still shorts/t-shirt/sandle weather any day before I take late fall/winter.  

So if you are one of those people that love winter because they love winter sports. I just find it odd why people love winter otherwise. 

Off topic. Speaking of seasons (or winter specifically) . I used to work retail.  People are the worst during the  Hanukkah and Xmas season. When people say they love the holidays never worked retail between Thanksgiving and Hanukkah and Xmas.  People are nasty to the clerks.  Complain about how none of the sale items are in stock. Then complain that their families don't like what they picked. Then go into debt for it.  Even since then I shop through the year and limit the gifts to one gift per person and under 25.00. So if they think it is a horrible gift I am not out much.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I love summer.  I am in the PNW and the high today is 77 and there is no humidity.  The flowers are beautiful.  

@DiAnne   DD lives near Seattle and lives for bright, sunny days....low temps and no humidity are not Southern summers.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Yes sister!!!!  I am not a summer person, was just having this conversation with my mom who also hates summer....for me the reasons are, physically I don’t feel well..I have a lot of allergies and sinus issues, the minute it gets humid my sinuses start...I hate summer clothes, I’m a boots and leggings girl-I don’t tan so either I’m white or have to play with self tanners, vacations: nobody ever agrees on where to go, and then the vacations are always just meh...I love fall and early winter..bring it on😀😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I am with you.... I wish fall would last longer. And you forgot the bugs.. leave us not forget the bugs. I do not know how  people can stand living in this heat all year around. The sun gives you wrinkles and skin cancer. But, some people seem to forget that. Woman Surprised

@apple1964   High spf & I haven’t been to the beach for years. I do go to the pool w/ the granddaughters w/ wide brimmed hat and under an umbrella.

Okay glad you are being careful. Good for you! And it is I have not been to the beach not haven't okay . Just a heads up next time you send a reply use spell check .