Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for you if you were visiting as a guest In my home

Now you have got me sitting on the edge of my chair, @SeaMaiden!!  Not fair, but can't wait to hear about this visit.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

As a Southerner (born and raised), I would never serve guests out of a bottle or can. I would have to set a table that I would be proud of. That said, I would have several juices: orange, apple, cranberry, at least. I would have cold water, coffee, and tea. I also would have breakfast breads like blueberry and banana as well as mini donuts. If they drink nothing, you will be covered for the situation.

You do not say why they will be there, so it is hard to know what to offer. My mother taught me decades ago that it is better to have more than not enough. 

I tend to go more formal with utensils, plates, and a flower arrangement than a can or paper plate like you would have camping in the woods. I would also include nice cloth napkins. It would be easy to buy the offerings and transfer them to serving dishes, if you don't want to prepare the food yourself. Pretty pitchers would be nice for the juices.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

tea

Valued Contributor

I would have to know ahead of time that you don't have coffee so I could bring my own. I use coffee as a headache medicine, so it's a must. I only drink one mug a day, but I have to start my day with it so I can ease the headache I start my day with. I have a neck injury, and the doctor wanted me to take pain meds. Not going to go that route, but I have to have something, so caffine it is. Just let your guests know that it's bring your own. It would be no problem for me to stop at a gas station on my way and buy a cup.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Choice of ice or hot tea, virgin bloody marys, bottled water,  bottled ice coffee.  How about a nice fruit punch?  All served in a glass or cup.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Most people want coffee or tea in the morning. I drink water with lemon.

This is what I would do if I didn’t have a coffee pot and didn’t want to buy one. I would go to Dunkin Donuts or a convenience store and buy a couple containers of black ready made coffee close to when they arrive. If the coffee needs to be heated, I would heat it on the stove at low temp for a minute or two. It will heat ok since it is fresh. I’ve done it a million times. 

If you can go to Dunkin Donuts you can also buy a box of munchkins, donut holes for a little something to eat. 

I stress in situations like this as well. Things always work out though. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

If they're coming at 10 they've probably already had coffee.  If you don't have a coffee maker  don't worry about it.  I'd get some water, orange juice, milk, tea bags, and buy some fresh donuts or pastries

Trusted Contributor

Honestly I would just ask them ahead of time what they like to drink. A quick phone call telling them you want to make sure you have things they like seems thoughtful. If they tell you not to worry about it then maybe water, lemonade, iced tea.

Respected Contributor

If you do decide to provide coffee, don't forget that then you'll need sugar/sweetener and milk or cream or something. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If it is a news crew, some bottled water and maybe a couple cans of soda will be FINE.  They will have their own coffee and water, so don't worry to much beyond a gesture.  They will be in a hurry and won't expect anything fancy at all.  I don't think many people expect fancy or elaborate today.  If they do, they are unrealistic and used to disappointment!  LOL!!

For video?  Solid colors are always safe, and blues look good.  Purple and lavender can sometimes go funky on video; stripes, checks and plaids can swim or flicker.  I would stay away from something to printed or loud that would be busy and distract the viewer.  

Honored Contributor

A news crew does not expect to be "entertained".    They are there on business and have a limited time to complete their assignment.

♥Surface of the Sun♥