Honored Contributor

I am looking for an easy to use cell. Just want to call and use when we are shopping. Between us we make about 10 calls a month on the cell. Also have a land line and are happy w/that. We are wondering if maybe we don't need 2 cells.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about cell phone

I would probably just get a flip phone. I'm glad I saved mine. When my fancier one dies I'm going back to it. You sound like me, you do not have to have that cell phone in your hand or pocket at the ready every moment of every day.

Respected Contributor

$49 tracfone....just perfect for you.

also, the phrase under your postings, is that a reference to anyone/anything?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a fliip phone from AT&T.  I pay $25 every 3 months or when the balance gets down to $5.00.  25 cents per minute. I can text which I rarely do.  I can also take pictures, which I rarely do.  Had to trade in my 3G phone for a new 4G ($68) but kept the same plan.  Works for me!!

Honored Contributor

JustBling: It is not and I am going to change it NOW!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

For safety, a cell phone is important.  I find a smart phone much easier to use than a flip phone, but I would say, just have one.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Quick history: We had a lovely flip phone that we paid for by use. We were told it would be obsolete sooooo we thougt we should look around. 

We do not text. 

Why would we need a smart phone? I am trying to gather as much info as I can from other sources to make a good dscision.

Esteemed Contributor

Flip phones aren't becoming obsolete. 3G is being discontinued; next year everything will go to a 4G network. Maybe that's what they meant. 

I have a flip phone which has texting, photos, internet, radio, etc. I don't use it for intenet since I have computers at home. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1    I love my pup too!!!!   only one though.

Go onto HSN's website, flip and reg phones for about $50, that's a year of service and plenty of minutes.   

I think that's pretty cheap, I just got the Motorola one from them and it works great.   

Esteemed Contributor

Another who prefers my landline! Had a flip phone for a very, very long time and loved it, but the carrier stopped "servicing" my little used and old-style cell. I bought an LG phone and used it for several years (but never really like it). I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G and I love, love, love it! Didn't think I'd ever care for a smart phone, but it's easy to use and so convenient with the calendar, I finally text, and so much more.
However, my preference remains my home phone which I'll never give up!

Money screams; wealth whispers.