Trusted Contributor

QVC Paid in full!

[ Edited ]

I know this may not seem like a big deal but I don't owe QVC anything! I am so happy. One positive thing for me about the pandemic and not going anywhere and working from home is I quit shopping. Most of my purchases were just stuff I didn't need and just impulse purchases. Also the shipping is so bad for companies right now that the last time I ordered something it took about 3 weeks to get it. I used to owe HSN, Evine & QVC. No more easy pays for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only buy what I can pay for.  I never use EasyPay or whatever it is called and I pay my credit cards up fast and furious.  And I am buying less and less.  I have closets full of clothing  I might never wear again.  I will admit I do get caught up in buying things I don't really need. But heck most of it comes from Walmart or Costco on a whim.  

Respected Contributor

Good for you~feels good, right?! You inspired me...I had a few piddly EP's dribbling into Dec...just went in and paid in full. Usually, I try to just pay in full...unless it's some big item where stretching it a few months just helps. But even if I use easy-pay I keep it manageable and check in making sure all is good. My shopping also has gotten very selective...don't need more chotchkes, especially for fall/Christmas...hardly going to do some big home makeover this year...don't even want to drag out tons of decorations and then put back in storage. It feels FREEING, to me! Have plenty of clothes, only bought a few recent items that needed updating or that I didn't have. Food/home supplies/gas. That's been 2020. My work situation changed until further notice...so...yea...QVC, you can keep your EP's...and sparkly chotchkes...for now. Smiley Happy Anyhoo, rant over...thanks for the inspiration and congrats on feeling "all paid up!"

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I only buy what I can pay for.  I never use EasyPay or whatever it is called and I pay my credit cards up fast and furious.  And I am buying less and less.  I have closets full of clothing  I might never wear again.  

Yes! Same. 

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations !

I don't have any EP with anyone and it feels liberating.

Esteemed Contributor

I refuse to use easy pay.  Too much temptation to overspend.  If I can't pay in full then I don't need it.  Very disciplined Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I always use EZPay when it's offered, but I never buy anything and put it on my card if I couldn't pay the entire amount that same day.

For me, the EZP acts almost like a brake because anything I might want to buy once I accept the EZP still has to cost what I can pay that day along with that old EZP, but I have the EZP amount still in my possession, not QVC's. 

It's free money for a few months.  I know it doesn't make a huge difference now that interest rates arfe so low, but pennies are still pennies.

Having said all that, I've made only one order with any company since February, so right now with 2 payments to go, I owe QVC less than $15 total.  Paying it off wouldn't make me feel any freer than I do now.

Esteemed Contributor

I use ez pay because if I have to return an item I have only tied up a small amount and don't have to wait for the credit to process on a regular visa. Once satisfied with purchase I pay it off in full. Like @millieshops says, with no interest no risk.

Trusted Contributor

MsPat that is exactly what I do.  Put it on EasyPay,, once I get it and am satisified, I go in and pay it off

Esteemed Contributor

I am doing the same with the Q and HSN this month.  HSN hasn,t posted everything I paid to be charged,but I,m sending the full amount not the statement amount.  The charges should have shown.

no more easy pays, and less buying unless something I need not want.