Super Contributor

Re: QVC Earnings for 3Q released....

I do wonder how much impact that massive fire had on the financial position of the Q.
The last I heard, the cause of the fire was not determined. Has anyone heard different?
I wonder if insurnace would pay if arson was an issue. 
That was a HUGE financial loss. I really wondered at the time if they could come back from it.
I'm only wondering if that has a long term impact on the company.

I know that I hope they survive and do weill.

I do buy products from the Q, mostly Denim & Co and a few other things. I'm a cancer patient and homebound so it's helpful for me.

I'm the exception to the rule, I guess and please don't take this wrong. It's just me. . I enjoy watching most of the folks and when I don't I just turn the channel. I would never want to hurt anyone who is trying to keep their job.

I'm old and learned that you get what you give. So I am always hoping to get kindness.

Hope you make it ,QVC. Many shoppers and many employees are counting on you.
Hugs to all! ♥

Respected Contributor

There are @ 27,000 people who's finances WOULD be affected....the employees of QUrate...

That being said, if a company fails, it fails.

Think Sears, Kmart, Jamesway, Woolworth, etc etc etc....they ALL had "people and families who depended on them"...but unfortunately, that's the way it is...there was no way these could be sustained "just because".....

The strong and well run companies will survive, and the others will keep trying or fail.

I've been watching and ordering from Day 1 on QVC...so no I would not like it to go under.

However, the suggestions most of us make will not change the ulitmate tide because the overall way of shopping has evolved so much...

We'll see....Maybe they can pull the nose up before it's too late....

Qurate's stock dropped 22% TODAY, and it had already dumped a load of value since January 1..

I just hope the employees who are vested don't have it all in QVC stock...

Today's price ( 1230PMET)...1.75 per share, year to date it's down a whopping 77%.

I hope it can make it...I won't have anything left to watch if it goes dark...>Q

Respected Contributor

@fthunt 

I saw that presentation too...Set was WAY too crowded, I thougth David looked a bit annoyed...at one point he was telling the others where so stand ...

I noticed Davd was missing from a lot of the other presentations....

Crazy. FOUR people when they're bleeding out??!??!?

Esteemed Contributor

A stock price that low is a premier indicator of a bankruptcy Chapter 11 candidate. I am very interested in these developments. 

I hope that the smug "I don't care" doesn't own this in her mutual fund, pension and/or retirement account holdings.

Respected Contributor

I could comment on all the things this company is doing wrong to run off this 30+ year QVC shopper extraordinaire but I've said many of them here before...and QVC will never care or "get it" anyway. Woman Frustrated

I will comment on Zulily. I've shopped there for about six years and made many, many purchases. They often had truly unique items that I could find nowhere else online. And the majority of the time the items had very good prices, too. I don't find that to be the case any longer at all. They also had the best customer service of any place I shopped...I was always super pleased with my phone interactions with them! Recently I called to get some help...the service rep actually yelled at me over absolutely nothing. 😲

Okay, Zulily. I am done and DONE!!     

Honored Contributor

While everyone who thinks they have great suggestions to make QVC better - well- the reality is that the total number of those who post here is just a very small percentage of those regularly buying here and the negative posters (are even a smaller percentage of those posting here and are an even tinier percentage of those who actually regularly buy here) who think their "suggestions" which are mainly just personal complaints that often are just host bashing and those that think they are so special they should get rewarded!  Then there are those who think prices are too high.  Well then they should shop elsewhere and not demand QVC lower prices which more than  likely would bring profits down even more! 

Whose "suggestions" whould they listen to ?  Can't please everyone! 

I tend to think that there are way more shoppers like me that reglarly buy and are satisfied than there are the constant complainers!! 

If they changed every time someone took offense at something or host they do not like, chaos would surely happen and QVC would be in way worse shape!!

I shop here and am pleased with just about everything I buy and only watch if I happen to tune in and see something I might like so not looking for entertainment.  

Esteemed Contributor

Zulily is being completely transformed. 

One of CEO Rawlinson’s "turn around" plan components is to make Zuliy the QXH clearance outlet. 

Hence, we already see Graver there at 70% off.

Will it work or stem the decline?  Who knows....  

Trusted Contributor

@pupwhipped I agree completely. Ever since Zulily was bought out a few years ago it has never been the same. I rarely shop there any more and there just aren't the unique items as in the past. And prices are not as good. They claim to be lowest of any other company including Amazon. Yes, they may be .01 or .02 cents cheaper but they charge shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pook @if I could give you 100 hearts for your posts on this thread I would.  Everything you wrote is 100% accurate.  

Posters are a tiny fraction of Q customers plus the majority of      companies were down this entire year vs 2021 or even 2020, including the large multinational corporation I work for.  Comparing to 2019 is the way most retailers are looking at sales this year which is not reflected in quarterly reports.

In any event I, like you am happy with almost everything I've purchased on QVC, have no issue with the hosts when I find time to watch and have no plans to stop purchasing here, whether through the app or website.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Pook seem to care and relish in sales being down. And so what?!!! 

I don't believe people are relishing the idea that sales are down. I can't say why others care but this is my reason. Before my grandma passed she sat and watched two things on her TV, the security video of cars arriving and leaving her complex and QVC. She felt QVC kept her company. She rarely bought anything but when we needed a gift for her she would always recommend an item from QVC. My mom does pretty much the same thing. This is "company" for many and makes them feel good, for whatever reason, they feel these hosts are "friends". And, they do purchase items. Whether we can relate or not doesn't matter. 

Secondly, And so what?!!! ? Again, speaking for myself, I care about families and what happens if they lose their jobs due to QVC going out of business. Not just the hosts, but everyone behind the scenes, CS employees, the mods, stage crew, the companies who sell items on QVC, all the way down to a huge loss to shipping companies. It trickles down and we all pay. 

I don't like the idea of any business closing even if there's other places to shop online!!

Sadly as someone who has watched QVC from its beginning like your Grandma and mother....that was when hosts and selling styles were different...not in your face...all about the product ,etc.  These days it is difficult to even keep the channel on with some of the hosts they decided to keep/hire in the last couple years.........its a different ballgame these days.  Years ago i would keep it on throughout my day....now ...

i may switch to it once or twice a day and depending on

who is hosting and what is being sold whether i pick up the remote again.  It doesn't surprise me that sales are down.