Respected Contributor

Re: QUESTION RE ORDERING A TRACFONE

[ Edited ]

Why do you need a Tracfone?  Seems you are looking for a specific camera in an Android phone.  Android devices  can be purchased unlocked.

Doesn't Spectrum offer plans with Android phones?   

Tracfone assigns a new phone# for each new device purchased - the SIM card in each holds the data. In order to keep your phone # the data in the sim is activated for the new phone. the other phone is deactivated.   Tracfone uses ATT, Verizon and T-Mobile.   Spectrum uses these as well. But you cannot have one phone number for two phones. 

You could try merging a phone # with Google Voice. (i don't use this so you'd need to research)

What is Google Voice and how does it work?

Google Voice is a free service that lets you merge multiple phone numbers into a single number that you can call or text from. You can set up a Google Voice account on either your computer or mobile device, and immediately begin placing domestic and international calls, or sending texts.
Respected Contributor

I've had  a Google Voice phone number for over ten years. Admittedly I haven't updated it for 8, but mine is incoming only. I give out that number and if someone calls, sends a text or leaves a voicemail it goes to all my phones and my computer. Voicemails are also transcribed into text. Nice free service.

Respected Contributor

Re: QUESTION RE ORDERING A TRACFONR

I have had quite a few Samsung tracfones and the cameras are never the best feature on them. 

The other issue is that  all tracfones, except for Apple, run on Android and iPhones on iOS.  You won't be able to easily get photos from one phone to the other.  

When I switch photos between my ipad or phone, I usually email a copy of the photo to myself. 

I'm looking for a new phone with a good camera and decided that I'm not going to be frugal about it this time. Will probably purchase an unlocked iPhone rather than the usual tracfone samsung phone. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's the Galaxy A21.  E240216.  It's a Holiday Big Deal    My friend has this phone and it takes great pictures much better than my IPhone XR10. It's a nice package.

Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72    I agree. A new phone number makes more sense,   Thank you again.  You have been so helpful

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline   spectrum may have an Android phone but it won't cost $85.  I am not giving up my IPhone or Spectrum service.   As I said my friend has an A21 galaxy phone and while some may not think they take good photos, it sure takes much better photos than my IPhone XR10.  My phone is paid for and I don't want to invest in another quite yet.  I thought it might be nice to have a phone I can use for photos and as a backup.  If I,purchase this Galaxy 21 through Tracfone I will get a separate number

In addition, I don't have to activate the phone right away.  I have a year to do so.  I can see if I indeed like the photos and then decide whether to keep or return. This purchase is strictly for photos and as a backup phone

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat  just curious but if your Spectrum service goes out, does your phone go out?  Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC    No.  It doesn't.  I've always been able to use my phone even if the internet goes down

Valued Contributor

@Teddixat 

..Admittedly, I'm not much of a cellphone person, but I've had various Tracfones for yrs.

.. My particular (low end) Android Tracfones have taken nice pics, but sending & receiving pics to/from any of my Tracfones, thus far, were a non-starter. 

.. Those upload/download pic functions might depend on what Tracfone Cell Phone "Memory GB" &/or "Tracfone DATA GB numbers" you'd have on yr particular choice of "1500 minute Tracfone." If ever any "photo transfer" is important to u, u might want to ask a teckie abt this.  (It cld even impact yr uploading / downloading yr pics to any web location, like yr puter, yr email or "the Cloud.).

.. (BTW I'm upgrading & going to try a Samsung A21 now too, cause 128 GB Memory sure is a whole lot better than my current, pityful 8 GB Memory, 3G now.)

.. (Note:  More A21 feedbacks/hints on several of the A21 phone itemS on HSN.)

Good luck, @Teddixat 

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Valued Contributor

*CORRECTION!!*

.. In my prior comment, this Q thread, above, I typed "Samsung A21" in error. 

.. I have ordered (fr HSN), & hope to upgrade my Tracfone to  Samsung A51 Tracfone (with the 128 GB).. (*NOT*  Samsung A21, as i referenced above)

(duh.. I shouldn't have commented to anything abt "cell phones".. just not my forte'!  heh)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .