Contributor

Q is doing it again..... Grrrrr

We're back to full hour shows on the TSV.  Q was doing this often last holiday season and then dialed it back some except on computer or mattress days.  Last weekend they did full hour presentations on headphones!!!!! Yes, allegedly new technology.  3 colors, plug it in, rock out.  Simple.  Repeat.  Over and over and over.  I've noticed this has occurred more and more, and these 1 hour TSV presentations are occurring about every other hour.  In Q's words, they have millions of products on line.  Whey do they need to present so few.  Boring, mindless, inane drivel.  These things have resulted in my watching less and less and therefore spending less and less money with this company.  Not a bad thing, really!

Honored Contributor

Re: Q is doing it again..... Grrrrr

The one hour presentations with tsv's haven't stopped.  I imagine they are a huge money maker.

Honored Contributor

Some items are complex enough to warrant a one hour show.  The Fitbit may be one of them.  If I was remotely interested I might listen for an hour, but I'm not.  Headphones don't fall into the complex category.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I hate that they do this .... I refuse to watch so I change the channel... I find it so boring but, they must be making money which is what they are in business for!!!

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch QVC and when I do, it is beauty shows. There have been times when an item on FNB or TNB have had 45 minutes out of the hour be on one thing, like philosophy body wash or clarisonic. Seriously how much can you say about these things?? Fortunately I usually recorded it so I can fast forward but it really is too much for any beauty item really.

Respected Contributor

@mibo wrote:

We're back to full hour shows on the TSV.  Q was doing this often last holiday season and then dialed it back some except on computer or mattress days.  Last weekend they did full hour presentations on headphones!!!!! Yes, allegedly new technology.  3 colors, plug it in, rock out.  Simple.  Repeat.  Over and over and over.  I've noticed this has occurred more and more, and these 1 hour TSV presentations are occurring about every other hour.  In Q's words, they have millions of products on line.  Whey do they need to present so few.  Boring, mindless, inane drivel.  These things have resulted in my watching less and less and therefore spending less and less money with this company.  Not a bad thing, really!

"Back to full hour shows?"    When did they stop.  Simple seems appropriate  -  not interested, click remote.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch anymore....the huggy, kissy thing bugs me as well as I am just not interested in what the Q is offering these days, so I do a Q check on occasion and do notice that sometimes the TSV drags on, and on and on.........

Respected Contributor

Boooooring!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Boring, stale, repetitive, little variety, the Q needs an over haul.  How about some different products, how about some different ways of selling, how about not using the same descriptions over and over, let's go to colors, how many do we have left, once they are gone, they are gone and on and on.  I have posted about this before and I do not watch the Q unless it is absolutely something I am very interested in and I check my program guide for those shows.  

I have been watching for many years and I now have little interest in this shopping channel.  I save money and that is a good thing especially when I do not have the room for anything any more, it is a good thing for me!  

Respected Contributor

My guess they are trying to catch the folks scrolling through the channels during commercials. Otherwise who would watch QVC for a single product for an hour?  

QVC has millions of viewers but few who actually watch a whole show. They are simply too busy and want to quickly order on line.

I'll watch LOGO for a full hour or the fashion shows but that's about all and I am working at the same time at home with it on in the background.