Super Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@OneHappyHiker wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Watch out for snakes,and spray tick sprayon your self,and eat some  morals for me!!!

Thank you and will do.  I've already battled getting such small ticks off pants...and my eyesight isn't what it used to be lol.  I need more OFF!

I'll eat as many as I can find for ya!😃❤️

@cheriere You can put large rubber bands around the bottom of your pants legs to help keep them from climbing up your leg inside your pants.  

@Icegoddess Great idea! @cheriere Be doubly sure to check your groin area along with armpits, behind ears, all that stuff... My doc said they get many patients in with tick bites in that groin area because they climb up the leg and love that soft skin in the upper leg/groin fold. Ewwwwwwww gross! Hopefully if you do what @Icegoddess suggested, it will not allow those horrible horrible HORRIBLE creatures to travel up your leg!

Lol, I hate to admit this, but I've one in "that" area before as well as near my underarm.  My eyesight is SO BAD closeup anymore it's pitiful.  I've been doing the best I can to check myself with readers on.  I've had mom give me a quick once over too.  Yesterday, I spent an hour getting about ten off my pant legs in the garage.  Yuck!

Thank you for reminding me about this though.  The most important reason to use rubber bands lol!  I might use them on my shirt sleeves too.😃💝

@cheriere hahaha oh my! - I think I am now beginning to believe a full-on hazmat suit might be best! Or double-sided tape so when they crawl up your shoes/legs they get stuck! Gosh they are THE WORST!

Funny thing is... I don't remember when I was growing up being so aware/scared of ticks! I was always careful in the woods not to step on hornets' nests and looked out for poison ivy lol. As adults with dogs, we are very careful to stay in the middle of trails but come on... we all know ticks don't stay off trails lol. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@OneHappyHiker wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@OneHappyHiker wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Watch out for snakes,and spray tick sprayon your self,and eat some  morals for me!!!

Thank you and will do.  I've already battled getting such small ticks off pants...and my eyesight isn't what it used to be lol.  I need more OFF!

@cheriere You can put large rubber bands around the bottom of your pants legs to help keep them from climbing up your leg inside your pants.  

@Icegoddess Great idea! @cheriere Be doubly sure to check your groin area along with armpits, behind ears, all that stuff... My doc said they get many patients in with tick bites in that groin area because they climb up the leg and love that soft skin in the upper leg/groin fold. Ewwwwwwww gross! Hopefully if you do what @Icegoddess suggested, it will not allow those horrible horrible HORRIBLE creatures to travel up your leg!

Lol, I hate to admit this, but I've one in "that" area before as well as near my underarm.  My eyesight is SO BAD closeup anymore it's pitiful.  I've been doing the best I can to check myself with readers on.  I've had mom give me a quick once over too.  Yesterday, I spent an hour getting about ten off my pant legs in the garage.  Yuck!

Thank you for reminding me about this though.  The most important reason to use rubber bands lol!  I might use them on my shirt sleeves too.😃💝

@cheriere hahaha oh my! - I think I am now beginning to believe a full-on hazmat suit might be best! Or double-sided tape so when they crawl up your shoes/legs they get stuck! Gosh they are THE WORST!

Funny thing is... I don't remember when I was growing up being so aware/scared of ticks! I was always careful in the woods not to step on hornets' nests and looked out for poison ivy lol. As adults with dogs, we are very careful to stay in the middle of trails but come on... we all know ticks don't stay off trails lol. Good luck!

Lol, no ticks sure don't seem to stay off or out of anything!😂

I have a terrible memory when I was a little girl spending the night with my cousins for a few days.  I guess I got a tick in my head the first day, because by the time I felt something and asked my aunt to look, it was dug into my scalp.

If I'm remembering correctly, they tried nail polish remover on a qtip and finally a blown out wooden match on it, before it would let go.  It was traumatizing at the time lol.  I wanted to go home!

The next day when my mom picked me up, we stopped at the beauty shop and I got a mushroom haircut lol.😂

To this day, but I'm still paranoid of ticks in my head.😃

Super Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@OneHappyHiker wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@OneHappyHiker wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@cheriere wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Lol, no ticks sure don't seem to stay off or out of anything!😂

I have a terrible memory when I was a little girl spending the night with my cousins for a few days.  I guess I got a tick in my head the first day, because by the time I felt something and asked my aunt to look, it was dug into my scalp.

If I'm remembering correctly, they tried nail polish remover on a qtip and finally a blown out wooden match on it, before it would let go.  It was traumatizing at the time lol.  I wanted to go home!

The next day when my mom picked me up, we stopped at the beauty shop and I got a mushroom haircut lol.😂

To this day, but I'm still paranoid of ticks in my head.😃

@cheriere ahhhhh so that's where you learned to love mushrooms!Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

No kidding though... those are all the ways they used to get rid of ticks! Now they say DON'T do that.... firm pressure with flat tweezers and pull that sucker out in one piece!!! Meanwhile you are getting all weirded out and feeling extremely squeamish!!! I hate them so much!!! I'm paranoid getting them ANY PLACE! ugh. Stay safe lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@OneHappyHiker 

😃 thanks.  I sure hope tomorrow is a better day for mushrooms and ZERO ticks!🍄‍🟫🍄‍🟫🍄‍🟫

Respected Contributor

Interesting, I am not familiar with this plant. You are getting some great pics. I bet tomorrow will be your lucky day for the morels. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

Interesting, I am not familiar with this plant. You are getting some great pics. I bet tomorrow will be your lucky day for the morels. 😊

Here's Hoping...🤞

Thank you 💝🌸

Valued Contributor
Happy and safe hunting to you and here's hoping none of those revolting little blood suckers get anywhere near you🍄❣️