Esteemed Contributor

Re: Public bathrooms hand dryers, paper towels......continued.

This makes me think that all public bathrooms should have those little paper towel things to dry your hands with. We went to the mall last week and all they had was those hand dryers that blow germs everywhere. I dryed my hands on my jeans. I need to cary paper towels in my purse, obviously.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please make sure you have some tissues or at least some paper towels in your purse. I have been in a public restroom when another lady has called out asking if someone would hand her some toilet paper. I have helped out with this although I would hate to have to ask. The reason I haven't is not because I've never encountered the empty toilet roll; it's because I always have tissues in my purse. I also hand them out if I happen to be close to someone who keeps sniffing. The offending person always thinks I'm helping them out which is partly true but the rest is it annoys me. I guess its a win-win.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I always check for toilet paper as soon as I walk into a stall.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have a girlfriend who is obsessed with public bathrooms.  Her main concern is touching the door handle on the way out, as not everyone washes their hands.  She carries Kleenex for this reason.  Me, I just grab towards the bottom of the handle and figure I have better odds.  

@depglass - You just described me! I will not touch anything once I've washed my hands - I've seen too many women at nice restaurants leave without washing. I will prop the door with my foot if I have to to throw the towel away!

Around here a lot of the trendier restaurants have gone to unisex bathrooms. I lived with those when I taught in Japan, but I was also very young. Now I've lived with two males in the house, and I don't want to deal with unisex bathrooms! DH and I went to breakfast at a nice place. I went into the bathroom after waiting behind two young men and literally had to put gobs of paper towels on the floor in front of the toilet to cover the "misses." After, I will throw them away and wash my hands twice. It just makes me cringe!  Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

The nuns always told us to tuck tissues up our sleeve.  When using public restrooms, more often than not, I'm glad I listened to them.

It ceases to amaze me how "piggish" some women are in public restrooms.  Seriously, would you pee on the toilet seat, not flush a toilet or leave used sanitary products on the floor at home?

Respected Contributor

I'm not saying it is not a good idea to close the lid at home, but do you then clean/disinfect the lid every time someone uses the bathroom?